Les Paul Traditional

How's the quality?
I'm also looking for a Gold Top.

Sadly, the Traditional PRO Goldtop is only available in the States & not in Germany, 'cause I'm more in the 60's Neck.

--

Do you downtune? Everyone tells me, that I should go for ESP, 'cause there's a lot of hassle when downtuning a Les Paul. To me it sounds bullshit, but it's a long time ago I used a Gibson.

Happy NGD!

Cheers, Markus.

quality and finish is excellent, that 5 - 7K models have a little more attention to detail, but really its a great guitar for the cost

check one out at a guitar shop and see what you think

How's the quality?
I'm also looking for a Gold Top.

Sadly, the Traditional PRO Goldtop is only available in the States & not in Germany, 'cause I'm more in the 60's Neck.

--

Do you downtune? Everyone tells me, that I should go for ESP, 'cause there's a lot of hassle when downtuning a Les Paul. To me it sounds bullshit, but it's a long time ago I used a Gibson.

Happy NGD!

Cheers, Markus.

24 3/4" scale length is the same result on any guitar, ESP or Gibson. I have owned several 24.75" scale guitars, have one now too (Gibson Explorer), the lowest I can ever get them down to with good intonation is C/C# standard.

They're nice guitars, no question about that, but those prices are just insane!

I remember when a new LP cost around $650-$700, while used examples could be had for $4500-$500. Seeing new LPs going for 2.5K and up is just nuts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the ESP Eclipse II beat the shit out of this? I've haven't much experiences with either of the guitars so I wouldn't know. Just asking because I remember someone saying it around here and a bunch of people agreed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the ESP Eclipse II beat the shit out of this? I've haven't much experiences with either of the guitars so I wouldn't know. Just asking because I remember someone saying it around here and a bunch of people agreed.

I started the thread about Traditional Vs Eclipse, as I couldn't physically play the guitars everyone (30vs4 I think) told me to go for the eclipse because it had better QC and were more reliable. However in the end I didn't really wanted a guitar with EMG's I went for the Gibson and I don't regret it. I played some 2008 STD that I really didn't like However I love the Traditional:).

Edit: old thread - http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/624097-esp-eclipse-ii-vs-gibson-les-paul-trad.html

I heard a ESP Eclipse, LTD EC 1000, LTD 1000 FT, Les Paul Std (2008?) & a Les Paul Studio in direct comparison. Didn't play it by myself so I could focus on listening.

To me, the Gibson slayed the EDS/LTDs (think the were all loaded with EMGs) for heavy rock stuff. They sounded flat compared to the Gibsons + the Gibson had that "whooomb" (don't know ho to describe) which sounds very big.

Since that day, the ESPs died for me as a new guitar.

Cheers, Markus.