Finally they did it (Gibson LP Axcess)

apes-and-statue.jpg

I think I'll have to play one before I give my opinion. It looks strange, but not so much if you think about the ESP Eclipses with locking trems.

They also come with a fixed bridge, the idea behind the model is mainly the comfortability, not the locking trem

love it, they just need to put 24 frets on it and call it a day, that price is outrageous but what else did you expect from gibson, they have to fund the reverse flying v somehow

Looks awesome. What's the problem? They didn't cut holes in it or make it half a V or anything. It's a functional variations on an existing design rather than the asinine aesthetic variations they've been focused on for a couple of years.
It's overpriced just like everything they make, but that isn't surprising. It streets for $3500 which is in the normal LP range.
I'll add that Alex Lifeson has been playing LP's with trems for years so it is sort of surprising that it wasn't already an option.

If I had the money I'd buy it, as it stands though I'd much rather get one of these:

EC-1000FR.jpg