Oh no. Not again Gibson, not again.

seriously.. someone there needs to get fired.
All they need to do, is make Les Pauls Jr's , Specials, Standards and customs, and the same for s.g's THAT"s IT. No-one wants this other crap.

And all for the great price $5570 (so in other words, about 8 grand in Australia:loco:).
Gibson have proved themselves to be that old guy that tries to be hip and up to date, but makes a complete embarrassment of himself each and every time.
I just wish no one would ever buy their guitars anymore and they just go under.
Heaps of other manufacturers make the same style of guitars for less money yet with equal or better quality (like ESP's Eclipse series, absolutely shits on any Les Paul out there), so it wouldn't be a loss anyway.

that looks like something Rickenbacker would build

I have to disagree.
It really does just look like a Gibson instrument:lol:

They gave us this :

holy-x_main.jpg

And this :

gibson_sg_zoot_suit_rainbow.jpg

And this :

Reverse_V--large-msg-118986822651.jpg

And this:

a-reverse-v-2.JPG

So no reason for anyone to be shocked.
Plenty of reason to be disgusted though haha

damnit, i really hoped Gibsons surprise would be an 8string Explorer Guitar with integrated Axe-FX and Dual Rectifier.
What a huge dissapointment
well, maybe they will do it next year

Yeah, I heard that this guy plays radio ready hard rock......and more radio ready hard rock.....as well as some softer radio ready rock.
Buckethead and Guthrie Govan must be depressed at how lacking they are in versatility in comparison.

What a pathetic design. What amazes me the most is the price they charge and the countdown.
But in Gibson´s defense, I believe it is pretty hard to come up with new decent guitar designs nowadays. The only "newer" design that blew me away was the ESP Ltd F series, and even that was a somewhat stratocaster modified shape.

What a pathetic design. What amazes me the most is the price they charge and the countdown.
But in Gibson´s defense, I believe it is pretty hard to come up with new decent guitar designs nowadays. The only "newer" design that blew me away was the ESP Ltd F series, and even that was a somewhat stratocaster modified shape.

And? You don´t have to come up with new guitar designs when you´re a company like Gibson... Fender never comes up with new designs and nobody wants em to. Gibson should stick with Les Paul, SG, Explorer, ES and V and they should try to build good guitars again instead of searching for some new "innovations" that no one needs.

All you guys in here have no clue about anything!
They changed the headstock-that is a revolution!!!
It will change everything, now we got the LP/SG/ES headstock,
the Explorer headstock, the V headstock and now THIS!!!

For real:
I think I just started to hate Gibson...at least their marketing chef