Gibson Dusk Tiger

The cheesiness of the video killed my soul:lol:

It's got some cool features for sure, but man that pickguard is fucking atrocious and at that price, fuck knows who will buy it, no matter how innovative it may be.

I would like that tuning stuff for my Ibanez :D. I don't like Gibsons either. Check out the "battery pack" "feature", haha. I also think that at that price I could as well buy a slave to have my guitar tuned for me whenver I wan't to, ahha

I'm sorry, but that guitar just looks retarded in so many ways; from the pickguard, to the fucking fang inlays, to the tiger racing stripe motif down the front and finish-stripes on the back - does anyone else think this company is the most pathetic example of old trying desperately to be cool, and failing miserably? But I guess it would be blashphemy for them to introduce any new body styles, so they just have to keep making these mangled versions of their old ones

Ooooh, and a history of continued refinement, with - *gasp* - a battery compartment! Well I am floored Gibson, hats off to you :Spin:

It gets a huge 'meh' as my vote. I've played a few robots and they're more annoying than cool. It was also very apparent that all of the time and energy went into the 'robot' aspect rather than the guitars themselves. They played and sounded like complete shit. I really wish Gibson would just cut the shit and make decent guitars for a change.

They played and sounded like complete shit.

Man, that's disappointing - I shouldn't be surprised, but christ, considering the price...

However, I will say that my local luthier whose opinion I respect greatly speaks very highly of the effectiveness of the robot tuner technology, so at least they got a feature that nobody wanted right!

Man, that's disappointing - I shouldn't be surprised, but christ, considering the price...

However, I will say that my local luthier whose opinion I respect greatly speaks very highly of the effectiveness of the robot tuner technology, so at least they got a feature that nobody wanted right!

The technology works wonderfully except for one tiny little detail....the gears blow out pretty quickly. Jim was on the phone with Gibson when the second fucked up robot came in for an authorized repair/replacement...and Gibson confessed that they have had a lot of them sent back to the factory or had to send out replacement parts for almost half the robots sold. Granted some of them were due to user error, but most weren't.

i'd prefer it without the robot tuners - my friend got a gibson limited edition robot guitar and every time she does a string bend on it the strings contact each other and shorts it out for some messed up reason

The technology works wonderfully except for one tiny little detail....the gears blow out pretty quickly. Jim was on the phone with Gibson when the second fucked up robot came in for an authorized repair/replacement...and Gibson confessed that they have had a lot of them sent back to the factory or had to send out replacement parts for almost half the robots sold. Granted some of them were due to user error, but most weren't.

Yikes, those parts have gotta cost a pretty penny; hope they were under warranty! :yow: I have to admit, though, I'm surprised that there were not one, but two buyers of $3k+ guitars in the Oneonta area :lol: (but then again, you have an Angelus, and god knows what else over the years :D)

Yikes, those parts have gotta cost a pretty penny; hope they were under warranty! :yow: I have to admit, though, I'm surprised that there were not one, but two buyers of $3k+ guitars in the Oneonta area :lol: (but then again, you have an Angelus, and god knows what else over the years :D)

You'd be surprised by some of the stuff in Oneonta. There's a guy who has a collection of over 100 guitars with not one under 2k. The best part is he can't play to save his life. :lol:

You'd be surprised by some of the stuff in Oneonta. There's a guy who has a collection of over 100 guitars with not one under 2k. The best part is he can't play to save his life. :lol:

Haha, no surprise there - I remember someone here posted a vid from some apparently notorious dude on the ESP forums (I think he's German) who is quite similar; I understand you pop in there from time to time, so you might know who I'm talking about! :D (he has really sweet amplification stuff as well)

Haha, no surprise there - I remember someone here posted a vid from some apparently notorious dude on the ESP forums (I think he's German) who is quite similar; I understand you pop in there from time to time, so you might know who I'm talking about! :D (he has really sweet amplification stuff as well)

Haha there a few guys like that over there

I don't know what I should think of Gibson.
That guitar looks really ugly, but I like the idea of the robot tuners.
I think Gibson just should release a 7 String LP in black with 26,5 or longer scale.
That would be cool, eventually sound good and look better.