Lest We Forget

Rick

Senior User
May 10, 2003
Wagga, Australia............
I do the same thing every year. Appreciation for the diggers who fought for this country over quite a few differen't wars; and remembrance for the ones who died.

Lest We Forget

What are you guys getting up to this ANZAC day?

I'm pissed off it rained yet again... didn't end up going to the dawn service as a result, just sat at home on the verandah drinking beers, eating lamb chops left over from the 3am breakfast BBQ and watching the sun rise in relative silence.

This afternoon should be good though. Australia Day and Anzac Day = mad BBQs and acoustic jams/sing-a-longs with family friends I rarely get to see outside of those two days. :kickass:

I am doing an assignment. Would really love to do something else but what can you do. The guys that fought for this country were awesome, I admire their bravery. It's bad enough working in a liquor store, I get intimidated enough there, but then I think of these soldiers and it's just a whole other ball game. Good on them, hope this ANZAC tradition lasts forever.

All hails to the brave Turkish soldiers who defended their country and show us so much respect and honour.

All hails to all the ANZACs who served and died in all our wars.

my only gripe with this day is that it is slowly being seized by nationalist fascists and perverted into an excuse to spread hate about all other races and people.
Don't know if it is as bad outside of Canberra but was pretty nasty back in 05 & 06 with some of the hate speeches that were spread about the place the week leading up to ANZAC Day.