Let's form some e-bands!

Name: Steven Faust
Band(s): None, at the moment! ;)
Portfolio: I'll come back to this!
Songwriting: Mainly thrash stuff, though I need some push to create something complete (maybe an e-producer? :p)
What I Want to Create: Mainly Thrash/Death metal, anything with some nice chunk and tight rhythms.

Instruments - Gear, Ability, Willingness, etc

Guitar
-Beginner/Intermediate. Mainly rhythm, only old school thrashy a-tonal leads really.
-Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-Amps/cabs: Peavey Triple XXX, Marshall 1936 Cab, Ibanez TS-9, Boss SD-1, Vox V847 Wah, Rocktron Intellifex, Peavey Classic 50/50 Poweramp, Lee Jackson GP-1000 Preamp.

Drums
-Beginner as a player, I'm pretty good at programming.
-Toontrack Superior 2.0, NY Studios and TMF packs, and various samples from the internet.

Mixing
-Good mixing skills
-Reaper
-Lots of plugins!

Misc
-Basic keyboard skills, and some orch/synth plugins.

Contact Information

MSN - stevenfaust@hotmail.co.uk
AIM - cobhc2006@aol.com
YAHOO - cobhc2006@yahoo.com

Name: Vars G.
Band(s): Workin on a band atm, guest player on several
Portfolio: -
Songwriting: I compose in cubase with lots lots of vst's
What I Want to Create: Gothemburg Death-Gothic/Death/Doom Metal

Guitar
-Intermediate/advanced. Mainly rhythm, no lead.
-Guitars: Ibanez MTM1-BK
-Amps/cabs: Revalver MKIII-Lepou cabs!!!!/Redwirez impulses

Bass
-Beginner
-Usually i play the bass on guitar and pitch shift an octave down.
-Amps/cabs: Ik multimedia Ampeg

Drums
-No idea on plying Drums, but i program pretty well
-Steven Slate 3.5 Platinum

Vocals
Mostly Gothic voice, and brutal RoArINgsss

Mixing
-Medium Level
-Cubase 5
-a chaos of vst's plugs

Contact Information

E-mail - lorthar@yahoo.com

we just released an album solely through online collaboration with artists from this forum, and results were really good, so I am a keen enthusiast for online recording!!

if you want, check out our stuff at www.myspace.com/projectruins

Also, I did my uni dissertation on this (covering writing, recording, production, copyright, project management etc.) and doing it independently rather than through one of the collaboration websites so if any of you are interested the academic report is below....

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1693119/FYPforweb.doc

(ps its stupidly long!)

would be cool to get your thoughts if any of you read it :)

If anyone's up for making some ridiculous avant-garde shit, let me know. ¬_¬

edit: I don't particularly care about chops. As long as you play more with your soul than your hands or fingers then it's all good.

I shall list details when I'm feeling less lethargic

Name: Andy
Band(s): Pythia,
Portfolio: http://www.myspace.com/pythiamusic
Songwriting: I write my own parts and every so often come up with guitar riffs that once filtered through a guitarists mind turn out pretty sick.
What I Want to Create: Anything that interests me, something along the lines of Nevermore/Scar Symmetry/Soilwork would be cool but I'm open to ideas.

Bass
-Semi-Pro, skill level completely depends on who your asking. Against 90% of metal bassists I'm higher intermediate, but against Steve DiGiorgio Im a complete NoOb
-Pick or fingerstyle, fretted or fretless, I serve the song through whatever means necessary
-Warwick endorsee
-Basses: (Officially) Warwick Corvette $$ 5, (Studio) Cort B5, Peavey Millenium 4, '84 Ibby (with flats for that Steve Harris thunk), '70-something defretted no-name jazz.
-Amps/cabs: Tech 21 VT Bass, Bass POD XT, poweramps all over the place, Laney 4x10

Recording

My recording rig is too big to be bothered listing, basically - Mac - Protools LE - Liquid Mix. Most gear has gathered dust since I got the LM tbh (3yrs ago!!)

Contact Information

Use the links on my profile or PM me.

Me

Name: Marcus Backlund
Band(s): Crystal Light
Portfolio: http://www.crystallight.se/ http://www.myspace.com/crystallightsweden
Songwriting: I write a lot of music. Have written most of the songs for my current band
What I Want to Create: I am into most styles of hardrock and metal. In my band we play quite melodic hardrock/metal, but I would not mind playing heavier stuff as well! I am up for temporary collabs or more formal "e-band style"

Guitar
-Pretty good guitar player. Better in rythm then lead. Can play a few solo´s as well if needed, but no real shredder. I have a more bluesy lead guitar style
-Guitars: Woodo GPR1 (PRS style) Woodo GSS (more washburn/Ibanez shredder style of guitar) ,more info on Woodo guitars on:
http://www.woodoguitars.se/ (note that I am a bit biased since I got an endorsement deal with Woodo guitars)
-Amps/cabs: In my "studio" only software amps: GR3 and some freebies

Bass
-Ok, but not great! Like to play bass though

-Basses: Woodo B5X 5-string
-Amps/cabs:Only software, Ampeg SVX

Drums
Not a drummer! Can do some programming though, Superior 2

Vocals: Only clean vocals-OK lead singer, but lack the highest tones/screams. Pretty decent backing vocalist
-Vocal mics: Studio project B1

Keyboard: Can play a bit but not great at all:) Play on most our demo recordings so far with my band...

Mixing
-Probably at an early intermediate level
-Cubase SX3, but am trying Reaper at the moment and may convert

Contact Information

MSN: mackiets@hotmail.com
mail: mac@marcusbacklund.se

Me

Name: Hamish Maguire
Band: Inbetween local bands atm
Songwriting: I write alot of "different" sounding things, but when I have a focus I can come up with songs in the same vein as each other, nothing particularly groundbreaking but I make a consious effort to stay away from steriotypical sounding ideas

Instruments -

Guitar

Dean Razorback V
PRS SE custom
BC rich NJ Jr V
Johnson Acoustic
Pod farm

Vocals
Cheap SM58 copy, should be upgrading soon however
Confident "death metal" vocal style
decent Lamb Of God styled vocals
Willing to undertake clean vocals

Contact Information

MSN/E-mail - Hamish-maguire@hotmail.com

Im really interested in doing cyber-metal/melodeath ala Sybreed/scar symmetry/Fear Factory

If anyone's up for making some ridiculous avant-garde shit, let me know. ¬_¬

edit: I don't particularly care about chops. As long as you play more with your soul than your hands or fingers then it's all good.

I shall list details when I'm feeling less lethargic

Gareth, don't give us your pretentious bullshit about what is and what isn't emotional guitar playing:cry:

Mang, I'm down for some Kayo Dot reinterpretations.
IIRC you said you can't play shit, you're only a rhythm guy right?
I can do lead shit pretty well. I'd be definitely down for a reinterpretation of A Pitcher of Summer, I've been wanting to do that with you ever since you mentioned the idea of reinterpreting Kayo Dot on MSN.
I've got a pretty decent bass guitar and I've got active pickups in my 7 string, so I'm down for doing leads, various rhythms and bass guitar.
You've probably got way better shit in terms of drum software and you're wayy ahead of me with the mixing styles.

What say you?

im totally down for that. gogogo gadget msn

edit: i have been getting my chops back recently
i think i could totally handle playing some shit on this ;)

Name: John Walker
Band(s): The Third Edge (guitars and b/u vox)
Songwriting: I write with whatever I open first that will do what I need...Garageband has been the quickest for getting down ideas recently. Work with PT/Cubase/Audition
What I Want to Create: Metal with melody.

Vocals
-Main strength
-Power/Traditional singing style
-Don't have Melodyne or anything...I like to try to actually hit notes
-Trying to learn to do some deathy style stuff

Guitar
-Intermediate. Mainly rhythm, some lead
-Guitars: LTD EC-1000, BC Rich Warlock, Fender Acoustic, (really old) Westone <-ha!
-Amps/cabs: Only have a Peavey Valveking right now for my rock band, no metal-worthy amps right now
-Cab microphones: SM57, Senn 421

Bass
-Beginner-intermediate
-I'm a guitarist with a bass. I play with a pick.
-Basses: Yamaha -string Precision close
-Amps/cabs: Nothing to record with, cheap practice amp

Drums
-Beginner as a player
-Alesis DMPro, Toontrack Superior 2.0, Slate

Mixing
-Probably at an early intermediate level
-ProTools M-Powered/Cubase/Digital Performer/Audition

Contact Information
PM here, or johnniewalkerradio@gmail.com

Hell-o! Anyone need a experienced thrash / death vocalist or rythm guitar player for e project I could be interested.
Have tons of references and studio albums as showcase!
I have most DAW's and good studio equipment for recording.
Right now I'm mainly interested in doing vocals and write lyrics (if needed) as I focus most on guitar in the "real" bands I'm in right now and I feel for catching up with my throat some more on a E project!
Hit me if you have some serious plans or ideas! Would be fun!

Hell-o! Anyone need a experienced thrash / death vocalist or rythm guitar player for e project I could be interested.
Have tons of references and studio albums as showcase!
I have most DAW's and good studio equipment for recording.
Right now I'm mainly interested in doing vocals and write lyrics (if needed) as I focus most on guitar in the "real" bands I'm in right now and I feel for catching up with my throat some more on a E project!
Hit me if you have some serious plans or ideas! Would be fun!

If your a thrash vocalist, im interested :) Could you link me to some reference material?

I was thinking how cool something like this would be considering all the talent on this forum. Another thing I think would be really cool is for people to post stuff that they've done and like, but could never really get worked all the way out, like maybe it doesn't have leads or vocals or drums or whatever, and people could just add and collaborate on each others projects all over.

Name: Gary Asbridge
Band(s): N/A
Songwriting: Poor at starting from scratch, but I can contribute ideas to working projects
Influences/Style: Thrash/Death/Black/Metalcore - I listen to alot of stuff, I normally jam to a mix of stuff from Metallica/Maiden through to Machine Head/Lamb of God/At the Gates

Instruments: - Bass (main) - Guitar (rhythm) - Keys (some programming knowledge)

Bass:
-Level/Style: Intermediate - Finger + Pick styles, depending on the song
-Guitars: ESP Ltd B-305 (5-string) with EMG HZs (soon to be EMG 40DCs)
Ibanez EDB 500 (4-string)
Peavey Milestone III Jazz bass (4-String)
-Amps/cabs: N/A
-Pedals: Boss ODB-3

Guitar:
-Level/Style: Beginner as a player, rhythm with some slow lead ability
-Guitars: ESP Ltd M-355 Currently EMG 81/85 18v (soon to be 81/81 18v)
-Pedals: Boss HM-2

Recording/Mixing Gear:
Dell Inspiron Laptop
Pro-Tools LE 7.4 (M-Box 2 Mini)
KRK RP8 monitors
Shure SM7b

Contact Information:
Email - hey_mr_jack@hotmail.co.uk
I'm also on facebook (search my name) and myspace.com/crayons_and_clay

Available for ideas and such over next few weeks, until I can get laptop back from my mates house as he's currently using it for recording and i'm helping him mix his bands EP

In the meantime i have another laptop with Reaper, and another I/O unit i can use for bouncing ideas and such

Name: Mat Ménégoz
Band(s): A frozen band, melodeath/modern thrash style.
Songwriting: Guitar Pro is my main method, because it's the easiest way to work together in preproduction process. Other wise, on Reaper.
What I Want to Create: Slow Tempo, groovy, etc would be interesting. I'm a huge fan of Devin Townsend, and I currently like things like not too darkish doom metal, Insomnium, melodeath. Im quite good at writing catchy songs though too (ala in flames or melodeath style). I would love to find with a few guys, not too fast, because I cannot be online everyday, and sometimes am too busy for music or recording, but I'd love to do a few songs (as well, not a 15 songs cd) to try something more groovy. I'd love to jam a little more and find things that are more personnal, with more ideas to explore. Big influence of townsend, on that part...

Vocals
-Not so much but I could do something in the style of Annihilator, or clean vocals. I think I could handle correctly it, at least passable but that's just experimentation.

Guitar
-Intermediate to good. I can handle some difficult riffs but I'm still not a technical death metal player, and I don't wanna play too difficult things. I don't wanna spend too much time learning riffs that are too technical, even if it's only to record. Good melodeath will be my confort limit. I can solo quite ok, not too technically but I can. Mainly melodic but I like thrash solos too. I tend to write half rock'n roll half technical solos (ala melodeath or cob songs) cause I mainly really write them. But as I said, I'd love to find groovy things, not always technicall "chugga chugga" riffage with some minor melodic impro on it.
-Guitars: ESP SV, Dean DOA limited edition in Bill Lawrence pickups, classical g (see sig), littel fender-style guitar
-Amps/cabs: none here, only ampsims. I love X30.
-Cab microphones: 1 SM58, 2 SM57

Bass
-Beginner/intermediate
-Guitarist with a bass. I can play with my fingers but on basic tempo stuff, more rock n roll or doomish. Quicker riffs only on pick. Anyway I often need a little editing, because I don't play as fine as with my guitars of course.
-Basses: LTD B50 which is actually a cool and easy bass for the bucks
-Amps/cabs: ampsim NoAmp or Ampeg SVX, as well as PodFarm etc

Drums
-Beginner, I can play the most basic rock stuff but that's all and quite badly. That was just to answer the part because I just play drums for fun when I can !
Anyway I can write drum parts ok, I'm used to songwriting and even if I'm not a drummer, drummers I've sent my midi parts never complained about them being illogic or impossible etc (with some adaptation sometimes)

Mixing
-Would say intermediate, can mix ok but still a lot to learn from the big bosses
-Mainly Reaper, but I still have my Cubase SX3. on PC.

Contact Information
PM here
or ask email, or find it in my profile.

You don't have a bass amp? :O

I have an ashdown head i bought for like £50 as it was supposed to be faulty, but isn't but haven't been able to afford a cab since due to not being able to have a full time job whilest in college, and the lack of a decent job until now...

I moved away from home and sold my bass combo which was a Laney 1X12 when i was becoming a student and was always plugged into my laptop anyways. Anytime i was playing bass i was at college or through my laptop.
I'm looking to put some money into an Ashdown Cab when i have the room or the money… :erk: