Let's talk about protection!

I always use just cotton and can always stand in the first row just in front of the speakers and... thats always great and no problem! :)

I'd never go to a concert without my Alpine MusicSafe

MusicSafe-SonicSet-Pro-12_mega.jpg

They're very discreet, almost transparent. People have been asking me why I don't wear earplugs at concerts, while wearing these.

Also comes with different levels of protection.
musicsafe.jpg

Of all the shows I've been to, I only brought ear plugs once and I found they detracted from the experience (I couldn't hear the instruments properly, like half of the music was wiped out - they were made of memory foam). I haven't experienced any discomfort during any band's performance (either metal or rock or whatever), and only slight ringing afterwards, and that only happens occasionally. While ringing in the ears is usually a sign of damage, I haven't noticed an overall decrease in my hearing ability. More often than not it shows up in the latter years of life.

As far as suggestions go, I can't think of anything that hasn't been brought up, other than maybe just positioning oneself away from the speakers. I don't know, I think I agree with Plintus on this one. Minus all the parts involving penis. That's just him.

I had a pair of these a while ago, customized shape, variable filter inserts and all.
medien_2373.jpg

Worth every penny, seriously. Lost one of them while being totally drunk on some random concert at a festival (I guess it was Dimmu Borgir, d'oh!). From then on, to decrease money losses, I ended up with those darksilence posted. But I noticed an overall decrease of volume on all kinds of concerts, be it open air or at clubs. So usually I start with earplugs and remove them after a while, but maybe I'm just getting old and deaf.

Oh, and hi there, folks :) just stopping by ;)

I've used earplugs a lot, they always were memory foam and it kills the ambiance. I don't mind it though because I only wear earplugs when the bands I dislike are playing and remove them when the bands I've payed to see are performing.