Hearing Protection

Suicide_As_Alibi said:
Like I said before, mine are fine for singing, and they aren't meant for singers. They're designed to be comfortable for long periods of time though, so that could mean they are softer. The silicone they're made of it is pretty pliable - about the same as the stuff they use to make dildos (it worries me slightly than I can't think anything else made of that kind of silicone).

Steve
lol :loco:

Suicide_As_Alibi said:
Oddly enough I was once told by an engineer to sing "like I had a cock in my ear". I still have no idea what he meant, but he seemed fairly pleased with the results :ill:

I'm just going to be quiet from now on...

Steve

:lol: At least you made him happy :loco:

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
I have no idea... but let me know if you find the answer :) Maybe some parts of it are more supple instead of being hard silicone...
Here it is:
medien_2373.jpg
(the left one) The material is the same but the earpiece is bigger so that it will fit better when your mouth opens and closes. I ordered mine today hopefully I can tell you more when I get them next week. They'd better be good! ;)

The picture is from www.hearsafe.de (in German). You'd probably have to find a distributer in your area. At least I couldn't get an audiologist to make an imprint of my ears without buying their specific hearing protection product. (Even though I would have payed for it of course!)

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
When you do FOH you are forced to measure it so as to respect the regulations. Usually nobody in the room must be exposed to more than 95db.
Makes sense to me, unfortunetally this is definitelly not the case where I live! When I was at the opening of my college (shitty music and stupid people, but hey... ;)) in fall the sound guy had a laptop and an analyzer running on it. It showed 100 db most of the time (98 db when there was a quite part in a song, you get it...). And that was not even a concert. Concerts are (much) louder here for sure.