Let's Talk Tuners! (Non VST)

Rogueleader

Bringer Of Rain
Oct 21, 2009
Recently I've been raising my standards of what's "in tune". I've used stomp boxes and handheld tuners for all of my guitar playing career but I've ready to take it to the next level.

I'm looking for something that is
-accurate
-easy to use
-between $200-300
-can be used to accurately intonate guitars and basses (in non concert tunings as well)

I would like something that I could use in the studio as well as live. The one I'm most strongly considering is the peterson strobostomp v2. I would buy it at the moment, but I can't quite tell if it has all the same features as the strobo rackmount or the stroboflip. I vastly prefer the pedal format, but if the others are superior feature wise I would rather have those. I've also heard concerns about the durability of the strobostomps, if you anyone can elaborate on this point I would be most appreciative.

Are there any other ultra-accurate tuners within the $200-300 pricepoint that I should consider?

What are all you pro guys using in the studio?

I'd love to know that too. But I wouldn't care if we talk a smaller budget (let's say under 200)

If you can find it the Korg DTR-2 is probably the best rack mount tuner ever made. It was discontinued a few years ago, and while the new Korgs are good I just don't think they are as accurate as the DTR 2 was. Especially for intonating guitars.

man, the Korg Pitchblack is VERY accurate, at least absurdly more than the Boss Tu2. It is quick, the led stays in place and it looks great, which is a plus. I've read also great review on the Strobostomp pedal, I just dont know how much it costs.

+1 dtr1000. Also got a tu2 and it's always been fine for stage use. My old guitar tech tuned all my guitars with a peterson and he swears by em.