LeTZ RATE DANCE OF DEATH SONGZ!!1!!!!

The Real Moonchild

Adolf Was My Dog
Jul 4, 2003
Look above arse!
Mediocre album for maiden. BNW is better.

Wildest Dreams - 6/10
Rainmaker - 7/10
No More Lies - 8/10
Montsegur 6/10
Dance Of Death - 8/10
Gates Of Tomorrow - 4/10
New Frontier - 9/10
Paschendale - 8/10
Face In The Sand - 7/10
Age Of Innocence - 9/10
Journeyman - 8/10

:erk:

5th best album for Maiden, much better than BNW:
Wildest Dreams - 2/10
Rainmaker - 7/10
No More Lies - 9/10
Montsegur 9/10
Dance Of Death - 10/10
Gates Of Tomorrow - 4/10
New Frontier - 9/10
Paschendale - 9/10
Face In The Sand - 6/10
Age Of Innocence - 8/10
Journeyman - 10/10(not Metal though)

Third worst Maiden album.

10 Virtual XI
11 Dance of Death
12 NPFTD
13 FOTD

Wildest Dreams - 2/10
Rainmaker - 3/10
No More Lies - 3/10
Montsegur .25/10
Dance Of Death - 5/10
Gates Of Tomorrow - 4/10
New Frontier - 3/10
Paschendale - 6/10
Face In The Sand - 3/10
Age Of Innocence - 2/10
Journeyman - 5.5/10

Wildest Dreams - 5/10
Rainmaker - 8/10
No More Lies - 8/10
Montsegur 6/10
Dance Of Death - 7/10
Gates Of Tomorrow - 4/10
New Frontier - 7/10
Paschendale - 10/10
Face In The Sand - 8/10
Age Of Innocence - 5/10
Journeyman - 8/10

...and that's being honest to my opinion.

Wildest Dreams - 2/10
Rainmaker - 7.5/10
No More Lies - 4/10
Montsegur 8.5/10
Dance Of Death - 6/10
Gates Of Tomorrow - 6/10
New Frontier - 7/10
Paschendale - 8/10
Face In The Sand - 8.6/10
Age Of Innocence - 7/10
Journeyman - 810

....sorry but nicko's timing is off ..and hes slow now ... the drumming all sounds like he did it all on the first take ....o well

Wildest Dreams - 7/10
Rainmaker - 7/10
No More Lies - 6/10
Montsegur 7/10
Dance Of Death - 8/10
Gates Of Tomorrow - 7/10
New Frontier - 7/10
Paschendale - 8/10
Face In The Sand - 7/10
Age Of Innocence - 4/10
Journeyman - 6/10

Overall, a highly entertaining album. Not as good as BNW, but heavier. Good job on Maiden's part.

Wildest Dreams - 7/10
Rainmaker - 7/10
No More Lies - 7/10
Montsegur 8/10
Dance Of Death - 7/10
Gates Of Tomorrow - 6/10
New Frontier - 7/10
Paschendale - 8/10
Face In The Sand - 7/10
Age Of Innocence - 7/10
Journeyman - 9/10

Overall a brilliant album to say the least... in my opinion anyway

OK, After my 2nd listening:

Wildest Dream - 2/5 Typical B-side: straight-forward, uninspired rock song. Decent solo.
Rainmaker - 4/5 One of the few good songs on the album. They didn't overdo it this time. It's a compact package and it works.
No More Lies - 3/5 This song has all the elements of a classic Harris-song, but somehow fails. This is a kind of song which needs better sound to capture the highlight moments. Now it sounds too flat. I won't bash the chorus, because Harris has proven in the past that you don't even need one.
Montsegur - 1/5 Utter shit. So uninspired and pathetic. The "jolly-good-fellow"-type verses made the shake my head in disbelief. This is also the song in which Bruce sounds really bad.
Dance Of Death - 1/5 With over 8 minutes running time, this song offers nothing. Completely uninteresting and annoying.
Gates of Tomorrow - 2/5 Decent tune. They tried something here, but obviously ran out of ideas again.
New Frontier - 2/5 Filler stuff. Same as above.
Paschendale - 4/5 Maybe the best song on the album. For once you can actually listen to the lyrics without starting to laugh. It's quite good epic-kind of song, but of course nowhere near the likes of "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" or "Infinite Dreams".
Face In The Sand - 2/5 I just listened to this song, but can't remember a damn thing... I guess that tells exactly what kind of song it is. Forgettable.
Age Of Innocence - 4/5 A different kind of Maiden-song and I like it quite a bit. Yes the lyrics are not that great, but atleast they managed to come up with a good chorus. If only they would have used some backing vocals or some other effects to highlight it.
Journeyman - 3/5 An ok slower number. But even here they managed to turn a 4-minute song into a 7-minute song. Why is that? I like long songs but only if the running time is justified.

Wildest Dreams - 5.5/10, the only thing that saves it is the bridge

Rainmaker - 10/10, one of the best rockers Maiden's ever done

No More Lies - 7/10 pretty good, I really like the intro, but the chorus is kinda weak

Montsegur - 8/10, didn't like it at first, but after a few listens I like the new sound Maiden is going with here, the chorus kicks ass, and I even enjoy that cheesey part right after the chorus (Flight of Icarus anyone?)

Dance of Death - 10/10, best song on the album...you either love it or hate it

Gates of Tomorrow - 6/10, nothing spectacular but the solos and harmonies are great (as usual)

New Frontier - 6.5/10, again nothing spectacular, but that chorus is fucking catchy

Paschendale - 9/10, great epic, 'nuff said

Face in the Sand - 8/10, the 2 minute orchestral intro is dramatic and beautiful, then the double bass kicks in and the verses kick even more ass...then the song kind of falls flat on its face...gets an 8 just for the first four minutes

Age of Innocence - I still don't know what to think of this song ?/10

Journeyman - 8/10, something new and it works well

Well there ya go, good album, better and more experimental than BNW, but it still has the classic Maiden sound. Best Maiden album in the past 15 years. I'm gonna be spinning this one for quite a while.

My rankings:

Wildest Dreams : 6/10 - bothered me at first, but now its okay
Rainmaker : 8/10 - kickass rocker
No More lies : 6/10 - repetative chorus gets to me a bit
Montsegur : 9/10 - I cant believe so many people hate this song
Dance of Death: 5/10 - mediocre
Gates of tomorrow : 0/10 - i hate this song with a passion
New Frontier : 8/10 - go nicko
Paschendale : 10/10 - second only to hallowed be thy name
Face in the Sand : 9/10 - great song
Age of Innocence : 7/10 - pretty good, but the chorus gets to me
Journeyman : 9/10 - soft, but still awesome

Overall good album, only a few weak spots, but cant compare to 7th son!

btw - John Silver, how can you give Montsegur a .25/10 and use its lyrics in your sig?

Wildest Dreams: 3/10
Rainmaker: 7.5/10 (I was a bit too harsh in the DOD thread...)
No More Lies: 9/10
Montsegur: 7.5/10
Dance Of Death: 7/10
Gates Of Tomorrow: 6.5/10
New Frontier: 6/10
Paschendale: 9/10
Face In The Sand: 8/10
Age Of Innocence: 7/10
Journeyman: 5/10

The Real Moonchild said:
How can you say "2nd to Hallowed Be Thy Name"????? Are you on drugs or what? That song does not hold a candle to Hallowed.

BTW scary avatar...

Common, that song fuckin rocks. Its a great epic, and pretty damn heavy, yet melancholy at the same time. It took me a few listens to really appretiate, but now its stuck in my head.

also - my avatar kicks all mighty ass!! :wave:

Wildest Dreams - 6/10
Rainmaker - 7/10
No More Lies - 5/10
Montsegur 8/10
Dance Of Death - 9/10
Gates Of Tomorrow - 4/10
New Frontier - 9/10
Paschendale - 8/10
Face In The Sand - 5/10
Age Of Innocence - 9/10
Journeyman - 4/10

Wildest Dreams: 3/10. Forgettable crap. The chorus is awful. The solos saves it from a ZERO rating.

Rainmaker: 9/10. Awesome, albeit radio-friendly rocker. Great meolody, great chorus.

No More Lies: 6/10. Good song, but too much a "been there, done that" vibe throughout.

Montsegur: 8/10. I actually really LIKE the chorus (yes, I'm the only one who does). This just sounds different from anything Maiden's dones (well, not, oddly enough, it does sound similar to Sherrif of Hudersfield!). Good song!

Dance of Death: 8/10. If not for the AWFUL vocal performance by Bruce, it would rate MUCH higher. Of course, I've never heard the SPinal Tap tune that everyone compares it to, so my view is not jaded! I love the keys!

Gates of Tomorrow: 9/10. Overcomes cheesy, awful "hair metal" intro & rises to greatness! LOVE the dual-vocals by Bruce, and the AWESOME chorus!!

New Fronteir: 4/10. Filler. Clearly.

Paschendale: 10/10. OK, it's NOT "Hallowed", or "Rime" or "Phantom" but it's an awesome, heavy, powerfully moving tune - a classic by Maiden!

Face in the San: 10/10. The other soon-to-be classic on DOD. This song is just mesmerising! The key sweeps actually HELP, not hinder, the dynamic of this tune! And the double-bass drums are a great addition. The vocals could have been better, however.

Age of Innocence: 8/10. Another very strong song. Murray always has his hands in good writing!

Journeyman: 9/10. Only the chorus/Bruce's vocals keep it from being a 10. It is highly emotional, however! Great ending song.

Overall, the lyrics are mostly cheese (but Maiden's NEVER been known for quality lyrics), the vocals are a major let-down (although not as bad as Fear of the SHIT), and the production is GOD-AWFUL - maybe HARRIS, and not Shirley, actually produced this - the sound IS THAT BAD. And only Harris can ruin sound like this. The snare drum is NON-existant, and there's tons of muddiness. This needs a severe remixing job!
But, again, the songs simply kick ass!~

Wildest Dreams - 2/10
Rainmaker - 9/10
No More Lies - 8/10
Montesegur - 5/10
Dance of Death - 10/10
Gates of Tomorrow - 9/10
New Frontier - 7/10
Paschendale - 10/10
Face in the sand - 8/10
Age of Innocence - 8/10
Journeyman - 9/10

I really cant see how anyone can say that this is a bad album...in my opinion its the best that Maiden has released in years and years, ok its a bit different than their earlier stuff, but the power and the epic songs really make this a classic, at least for my sake.

Wildest Dreams - 6/10 Nothing special, but it's okay.
Rainmaker - 8.5/10 the "you tell me..." parts bother me but the rest is just beautiful.
No More Lies - 7/10 everything kicks ass except the repetitive chorus (with the exception of the last 2 times Bruce sings the line)
Montsegur - 8/10 - cool song, and I like how the chorus is so over the top.
Dance of Death - 9/10 - mostly awesome, but the lyrics are a bit silly (the atmosphere makes up for it, though)
Gates of Tomorrow - 8/10 - pretty standard, but good.
New Frontier - 8.5/10 - energetic and fun.
Paschendale - 8.5/10 - mostly awesome, but doesn't flow very well and there are some bad vocals.
Face in the Sand - 4/10 - Just no.
Age of Innocence - 8/10 - Love it. Unexpected.
Journeyman - 7/10 - Okay.

Wildest Dreams - 7/10
Rainmaker - 9/10
No More Lies - 9/10
Montesegur - 7/10
Dance of Death - 10/10
Gates of Tomorrow - 8.5/10
New Frontier - 9/10
Paschendale - 10/10
Face in the sand - 8/10
Age of Innocence - 7/10
Journeyman - 9/10

One of Maiden's best albums. Wasn't impressed at first, but it's really grown on me. Truly one of the years best.

Wildest Dreams - 5/10
Rainmaker - 8/10
No More Lies - 8/10
Montsegur 8/10
Dance Of Death - 10/10
Gates Of Tomorrow - 1/10
New Frontier - 9/10
Paschendale - 10/10
Face In The Sand - 8/10
Age Of Innocence - 9/10
Journeyman - 10/10

Wildest dreams 5/10