Lexical Themes

Nasty-Fire

Discursion
Dec 12, 2005
Quebec, Canada
www.myspace.com
I noticed, in Opeth's lyrics, some ressemblances in the lyrics. It looks like themes to me. For example, we often hear about Forests, or Liquids in many ways. What do you think about it? Can you find more example like that? These are the ones that looks the more repetitive to me.

Hey Nasty, don't let the one-liners get you down. There are certainly words that Mike seems to have an affinity for. There are definitely thematic similarities as well. I'll think of a bunch and post them. I find that the lexical themes, as you have dubbed them, seem to be most heavy in the first few albums. Part of me thinks its mostly about Mike being a young lyricist. But some of it is about cohesiveness of vision, too.

I think thats why Opeth, at least in my humble opinion, are constantly related to the winter (not hail, cause its to... violent, but certainly rain or snow) and forests (if youve ever been to Schwarzwald, you know what im talking about...).

it has something both dark and serene...
best line to describe my thought is "Serenity Painted Death"

I think thats why Opeth, at least in my humble opinion, are constantly related to the winter (not hail, cause its to... violent, but certainly rain or snow) and forests (if youve ever been to Schwarzwald, you know what im talking about...).

it has something both dark and serene...
best line to describe my thought is "Serenity Painted Death"

not just winter but seasons in general.