Libertarianism

I'm such a lazy shit. Can't believe it's already been a year since I started this, lol

I feel like this thread needs a good bump.

How do people like Pristmatic think about this chart? http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGdRcoE0xmxozTb5LvqB0lr8RPOocGs5TW5_Pi5udGgYhwKFe7HQ

It's interesting that most never talk about how left wing libertarianism can exist when all you hear about libertarianism is the right wing.

It doesn't seem that far off. That's because christian conservatives believe in quite a lot of bullshit. Also, any libertarian that is a "left-right wing libertarian" is not a libertarian at all. That would be a contradiction. Thanks to the tea party and "libertarian" sites like World Net Daily, it is becoming more common.

It doesn't seem that far off. That's because christian conservatives believe in quite a lot of bullshit. Also, any libertarian that is a "left-right wing libertarian" is not a libertarian at all. That would be a contradiction. Thanks to the tea party and "libertarian" sites like World Net Daily, it is becoming more common.

Do you think Noam Chosmky is a libertarian or are you like the rest of the right thinking he's a commie, when he the opposite of communism?

Chew on this for a while: the Tea Party movement is actually communist. They supposedly represent the working class (proletariat), they want to overthrow the establishment, and they want to do away with the hierarchical structure of an autocratic government. The whole difference in opinion between the two on private property is a mere technicality.

So is it just me or does anyone else suspect that the whole "Tea Party" movement is really just an attempt by the Republican Party to improve its image by rebranding itself? Then again, I don't know shit about who really coordinates the 'party' and whether they actually ran any non-establishment candidates in the past election.

zabu of nΩd;9698330 said:
So is it just me or does anyone else suspect that the whole "Tea Party" movement is really just an attempt by the Republican Party to improve its image by rebranding itself? Then again, I don't know shit about who really coordinates the 'party' and whether they actually ran any non-establishment candidates in the past election.

There is actually a terrifying story to this, in that the entire astro-turf movement was funded by mega-republicans to help sweep the houses. Look what happened. Hilariously though, many teabaggers have turned on their masters - but not all though. It will certainly be a spectacle this 2012. Either way all we have ahead of us is disappointment.

Stupid fucking Koch's.

The Republican party is full of shit and has been for some decades. They're basically demagogues who fuck over most of their supporters by supporting globalisation that outsources their jobs.

They create a feeling of being under threat, or having ones values under threat when really, there is very little threat present.

It's easier to co-opt dissention than fight it. The "Tea Party" as an organization is no different. That does not mean that everyone who holds the same ideals believes in Sarah Palin. Merely the elements that Fox News covers.

You know where Fox News stands when Ron Paul wins the CPAC straw poll for a 2nd straight year, and they pass that off, and cover how high Huckabee finished and barely mentioned the fact that Palin got like 2%.

Whoever originally said that is pretty ignorant.

@Sap: So the French and American revolutionaries were the original commies?

There were proto-communistic elements in the French Revolution, and despite the claims by the Tea Party, I hardly think that they're comparable to the American Revolutionists. Consider that both movements are anti-establishment, xenophobic, and depend on the working class for furthering their agenda. The American Revolution was not a working man's revolution.

Do you think Noam Chosmky is a libertarian or are you like the rest of the right thinking he's a commie, when he the opposite of communism?

I'm not really familiar with him. From what I can gather from wikipedia, he's definitely not a communist. I agree with most of his stances on social issues. As for his beliefs on how things should work, I disagree. However, he is not a Maoist.

zabu of nΩd;9698330 said:

It seems more like an attempt by the left-right in general to make libertarianism look like it was thought up by the people who "want thur countrah bakk". The fact that a number of libertarian sites went Tea Party doesn't help either. I believe that Ron Paul is trying to hijack it with Campaign for Liberty but too many Tea Partiers have their head rammed in Sarah Palin's cunt.

Anarchy is seeming like a better and better idea.