Lies that Bind video Premiere

jesse

living, breathing
Apr 29, 2001
Solitary Refinement
www.daylightdies.com
Candlelight Records proudly announces the online premiere of "Lies That Bind," the first video from Daylight Dies. Beginning 9am EST tomorrow (August 9) fans can view the video at both label and band MySpace pages. Bring your browser to www.myspace.com/candlelightrecordsusa or www.myspace.com/daylightdies (a high quality downloadable version will be available from www.daylightdies.com). The video will also be available via YouTube.com and the band's official website located at www.daylightdies.com.

video_forum.jpg

Filmed outside the band's home base of Raleigh, North Carolina, the Ramon Boutviseth directed clip features the full band with local actors in a dark and compelling visual storyline. "It was a scorching hot and humid summer day," recalls drummer Jesse Haff. "We filmed inside a filthy, decaying building complex and later moved on to a wrickety wooden salt-mine platform. And let us not forget to mention entire walls on fire! Ramon understood the importance of including a narrative to convey the song's lyrical and musical content. It's incredible what he's brought to life."
Released earlier this year, Dismantling Devotion is the second full-length recording from the popular five-piece. Mixed by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (Opeth/Soilwork) and mastered by Thomas Eberger at The Cutting Room (Opeth/The Hives), Blabbermouth says, "Dismantling Devotion is 53 minutes of metallically heavy and sorrowfully suffocating songwriting... the songs are not meant to be eaten as snacks; each is a full-course meal." Digital Metal adds, "Dismantling Devotion just enthralls and captivates with its blending of moods and perfectly paced songwriting."

Daylight Dies recently performed to capacity audiences alongside labelmates Emperor at New York's BB King Blues Club. The band are currently preparing for their first tour in years supporting Moonspell and long-time friends Katatonia. The tour kicks off in Poughkeepsie, New York on October 20 and will conclude on November 19 in Hartford, Connecticut. Complete listing of dates is available at www.candlelightrecordsusa.com and www.daylightdies.com

Dismantling Devotion is available now worldwide via Candlelight Records.

I like it ... come on guyz .. stay the same ...
amazing video ...
best morning ever .. right when i woke up i checked the song ! its fuckin aweson !!!
I love it guyz ... check check
hail you Daylight Dies ...
and i hope all your dayligh lives forever ... like this

:p

:) Great video, will your record label send it to Europe, This could very well get some airtime on some Swedish/Norwegian programs (ZTV)

I just downloaded the 100MB version and it's pretty damn amazing. Get the super high quality one if you haven't done so yet...

The effects and cuts in this video were real maddening and schizo. A few parts even gave me goosebumps and that itchy feeling. The fire room was bad ass! So fukking killer!

A great first video guys!

Thanks for posting your reaction everyone, we really appreciate it. Here are the links to the video for those who haven't seen it yet (or want to save a higher quality version to their computer):

To download, right click and save as: Quicktime 100mb, Quicktime 70mb, Quicktime 30mb.

To watch online, view it on YouTube here, or MySpace here.

To embed it on your web site/myspace/blog, use this code:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGIA6QXkRC0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TGIA6QXkRC0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Daylight Dies never ceases to amaze me. This video has surpassed the expectations of many and has absolutely blown me away. The production quality surpasses that of alot of mainstream metal bands. I am absolutely fucking impressed. This video reaffirms the confidence of everyone that Daylight Dies will continue to produce quality material for the upcoming years ahead. Absolutely great job, guys. :hotjump:

Awesome video! Congrats guys!

I also like the burning Daylight Dies symbol at the end. Pretty cool.

And thanks for providing a 100mb version!

I was afraid to see this video clip but wow, what an excellent surprise. This actor is very good at expressing the feeling of rage inside the music. And the girl is so beautiful. I would feel as down as the guy if she had left me.
Another great stuff coming from you guys. Keep up your awesome work of art !

I just dunno what to say .. I swear if these guys walk on this great line .. they will be much better than katatonia anathema opeth ... or everyone ..
im becoming so close to this band .. im tryin to concetrate on the songs .. they are really well done ! and they have a lighted road to sucess !!!

Guyz .. i'm so proud of you,just stay the same as you are !!
P.S till now i cant belive thy are americans ! :)
A Life Less lived
Lies that bind
In the silence
Stronger Days
Dead Air
Strive To See ...
all my favs.

I dunno how to say this ...
This band is takin me away from katatonia anathema opeth ...
So much respect and love ....for you guys
just keep it like this .. dun get much changes ! and trust me you will be better than any pro. or doom metal band ...
Im really takin time to concetrate on your music .. fuckin cool and well done !
my favs list is : A Life less live
Lies That Bind
In The Silence
Dead Air
Strive To See
All we Had

befor you guyz i was so much into Agalloch ... but with yr new album Dismantling Devotion ... fuck agalloch :)
Wish you very lighted way to sucess !

:headbang:

I don't know what to say, but wow, it's really amazing!!
The only thing that kinda bothers me (don't kill me!) is the sync.. don't know why, but (here at least) the video is just a fraction slower and the sync gets worse over time, but is perfect again when I start at a random point, but then gets worse again.. anyone else having this problem?
But aside from that, it's seriously one of the best metal videos I've seen. Beautiful effects and scenes.

edit: Just saw the YouTube version wich syncs perfectly.. so it must be Quicktime. :)

I must say it is a piece of art. This video somehow expresses the atmosphere the band creates and much more-it is extremely well done. Yeh, sometimes I wonder how they are Americans too.

Nevertheless-you guys possess one die hard fan From Bulgaria-that's fore sure. carry on with what you've started.:kickass: