Life Goals

Okay, so we had a good bit of fun either worshipping Nordveidt for his suicide or laughing at his underachievement in his life's aims.

But seriously, or unseriously, do you guys have any aims in life, or do you consider them to be under formulation? Do you even think of such things?

Do you guys have any life goals?

There's an old german or polish saying that I heard when I was a teenager that says to be a man, you must raise a son, plant a tree, and build a house. Well, Erik and Hellmike are grown, I once planted a tree in Nova Scotia, and in today's environment, most people don't build their own homes, so

*BANG*

The wife and I want to retire to a small house in the Caribbean by age 52. We plan to buy property there in 2008. Of course, this could be expedited if the US continues to be run by morons and slaves of corporate masters.

Zod

I have no major or greater goal in life, even though I wish I had. The thing that drives me is my thirst for knowledge and understanding, not only from books and meeting people, but from beeing alive in general.

I'm talking longterm here. No 15 minutes of fame for me thx.

edit: And I don't need to be ''famous", just appreciated in the art world, with some sort of cult following. Yeah that's it, aye.

To see as much of the world as possible. To pursue one of my passions: playing music, cooking professionally, or sitting around smoking pot and playing video games.

Retire by 50.
Have some kid look up to me as a bassist.
Live in a cabin.
Write a book.
Release a solo album in very limited numbers that goes for $60.78 on eGay in like 2046.

I liked my goals at 13 years old:
Be a rockstar.
Touch a boob.

Reign in Acai said:
Remember, the quicker you die, the quicker you'll be revered. :)
oh man you're pretty awesome i should really send you that shirt that has been lying in a package in my apartment for like 3 months because i can never remember to send it

Erik said:
oh man you're pretty awesome i should really send you that shirt that has been lying in a package in my apartment for like 3 months because i can never remember to send it

No worries mate. It's been so long, I actually forgot about the shirt. I'm the same way, as I promised I would send "Doom" an AATG shirt 3 weeks ago, but have yet to officially mail it. I'm starting to feel bad. Doom if you're reading this... It's going out first thing tmrw, I swear! :heh:

lizard said:
There's an old german or polish saying that I heard when I was a teenager that says to be a man, you must raise a son, plant a tree, and build a house. Well, Erik and Hellmike are grown, I once planted a tree in Nova Scotia, and in today's environment, most people don't build their own homes, so

*BANG*
:lol: I just now read this part.

I'd like a kid someday, probably a wife to match. I think I'm on that path right now, but eh, who knows. For the time being I'll keep pulling out. :loco:

Oh yeah and if I could ever write a song HALF as awesome as Tempel by Colour Haze I'd probably Nödtveidt it too. :kickass:

Reign in Acai said:
No worries mate. It's been so long, I actually forgot about the shirt. I'm the same way, as I promised I would send "Doom" an AATG shirt 3 weeks ago, but have yet to officially mail it. I'm starting to feel bad. Doom if you're reading this... It's going out first thing tmrw, I swear! :heh:

Haha no worries, I know exactly what it's like.

Crimson Velvet said:
I just want a job I like

I totally agree, I'm starting to think this is pretty much the way to have a happy life, seeing as work is where you spend most of your waking hours.