Life Goals

Nice job, kids and lovely wife, just a good life in simple and plenty o' hellthrashing
I don't want to work with my fave stuff in the world.
That way I'd have to do it which would make it extremely tedious at times etc etc (plus compromise would have to take place and in my eyes no compromiiiiiise thrown to the wolves pay with your life). Work for a living, live by working.

NADatar said:
I liked my goals at 13 years old:
Be a rockstar.
Touch a boob.

You know, quite recently I realized that my first groping encounter was when I was about 11. The neighboUr, who was about 16 at the time, french kissed me. It didn't dawn on me until years later what she was doing. I just remember at the time having to wipe her spit from my lips each time she snogged me. It was all quite yucky and clinical.

If I touched a boob when I was 13, I would probably just poke at it to feel its density and determine its sponge-like factor.

General Zod said:
The wife and I want to retire to a small house in the Caribbean by age 52.

I didn't read any of this thread past here, seeing as this is pretty much a perfect goal.

Demonspell said:
To be comfortable with my position in life without becoming complacent, to see as much of the world as possible, to never lose the joy of discovering new music and books, and to keep exploring outlets for my creativity.
well said my friend, excellent goals....there's always another book to read, song to write, forest to hike, beer to drink, and never a wrong night to relax by a campfire with a joint and a guitar :kickass:

the best thing about life is it ends eventually, take from that what you will

lizard said:
Okay, so we had a good bit of fun either worshipping Nordveidt for his suicide or laughing at his underachievement in his life's aims.

But seriously, or unseriously, do you guys have any aims in life, or do you consider them to be under formulation? Do you even think of such things?

Do you guys have any life goals?

There's an old german or polish saying that I heard when I was a teenager that says to be a man, you must raise a son, plant a tree, and build a house. Well, Erik and Hellmike are grown, I once planted a tree in Nova Scotia, and in today's environment, most people don't build their own homes, so

*BANG*

It's ironic that he could joke about this sort of stuff only days before...

If Liz had some kind of condition, he never mentioned it. And this is a guy who would post pantsless pics of himself at work. So.....doubt he was hiding much. Who knows.

i really hope it was something swift like a heart attack ...
nice guys always get the short end of the stick ... bah
Maren's going to be devastated ...

if it were a heart attack, that would be the second person i know who'd have died of such a thing at a young age (other guy was 35 and had recently gotten engaged to his girlfriend of 9 years) in the past few months. and the fourth death i've experienced in the past year.