How metal affects one's outlook on life

I dunno. Metal is pretty much the only kind of music I can get into. I would say that metal fits my outlook on life, as opposed to me changing my outlook on life because of metal. I am proud of the fact that I do not listen to mainstream music, but that's irrelevant. I don't flaunt the fact that I'm a metalhead in the way I dress or wear my hair.

Metal help me to discharge my anger with the politicians, with the hypocrite society and make me think about the problems of the miserable poor people

Metal makes you think about poor people???

Gee, that's the last thing that comes to mind when listening to metal. I just think it's cool ass music that keeps one awake while on long drives. Helps pass the time much more so than some boring ass mainstream genre.

A comedian once said that if you're driving in the fast lane, you'd best be listening to heavy metal. No country or easy listening for that lane.

No really...I've always looked at heavy metal as the modern equivalent to classical symphonic music. Especially now since many bands are using keyboards and/or symphonic orchestrations.

never really compared metal to classical symphonic music...its just slightly more dark and brutal symphonic music I guess.

It hasn't really changed my outlook on life any because metal (esp black/death) reflects my outlook on life, pretty much like "Life Sucks"^^. But mostly I love it because it is kick ass music, and most of the bands have awesome talent, ehich id hard to find in some other genres.

personally metal has both negative and positive effects on my life.

positive effects, it has increased my communication skills and made me a more "cultured" person. however, it also made me kind of an elitist and doesn't help in the dating department. I mean, girls don't want to hear about the latest christ-raping black metal band I listen to.

^^TO OHIOGRINDER:
There are still girls out there who want to hear about your latest christ-raping black metal band. I am one of them (black metal is fucking awesome \m/).
Just because you're a metalhead doesn't mean that you're doomed to a lfe of solitude.

^^TO OHIOGRINDER:
There are still girls out there who want to hear about your latest christ-raping black metal band. I am one of them (black metal is fucking awesome \m/).
Just because you're a metalhead doesn't mean that you're doomed to a lfe of solitude.

I wish more girls like you existed around here...

yucky ):
black/death metal (especially Scandinavian) ftw

EDIT: Do you mean here as in California? Cause that's where I am and i don't like that Indie stuff...But Im kinda weird in music tastes for my gender/location

yucky ):
black/death metal (especially Scandinavian) ftw

EDIT: Do you mean here as in California? Cause that's where I am and i don't like that Indie stuff...But Im kinda weird in music tastes for my gender/location

yeah haha. i've only met one girl that was into extreme metal but she was a total bitch/psycho.

If music dictates outlook on life, just imagine how skewed the outlook of life is of people who are into mainstream hip hop.

lol seriously. i don't get how metal can affect your life in anyway. or any music... :|