How metal affects one's outlook on life

Metal has not really changed who I am or how I act. If I HAD to pick either way, I'd say it has had a positive impact. I sure haven't gone out killing or raping people (yet), so that is good!

It must have help a bit for accepting that I'm a different person from the bunch but I'd say philosophy/political/etc classes helped me more to create my own ideas/concept on life...

Metal has not really changed who I am or how I act. If I HAD to pick either way, I'd say it has had a positive impact. I sure haven't gone out killing or raping people (yet), so that is good!
This is what my research paper was about (metal and it not causing crime).

As for me, metal makes me happy and gives me something to care about, but I wouldn't say it has affected my outlook on life.

Same here.

It just made me to love history, as I used to hate it. And it gave me the concept of other cultures, religions. Plus it made me think more about inner building of the human's mind and soul, - mostly doom and black metal.

It's cliche, but metal is an outlet for me. In place of actually acting out, I can sit down and listen to/play some heavy shit and kill someone vicariously through a nice Cannibal Corpse song.

Same here.

It just made me to love history, as I used to hate it. And it gave me the concept of other cultures, religions. Plus it made to think more about inner building of the human's mind and soul, - mostly because of doom and black metal.

I feel you man. Metal has helped me mature in so many ways.

I think I have become more aware and interested when it comes to culture.

...and aside from all the satanic crap, I think metal is very positive when it comes to the individual. It's less about the collective and focus's on its own identity.

Believe it or not Metal has made me so open minded, especially towards other music and its counterparts.

Metal...just makes me explore other music so I can act like a pretentious twat when people try to stereotype me as a metalhead.

Of course, most of my music still is metal, because you can't beat technical/loud/shouty/depressing/angry music when you're in a bad mood. It relaxes me, oddly enough.

Lots of metallers turn to metal or emo because they are ugly sorry to be blunt but it's true.

I know lots of metallers that have the I hate humans attitude and i agree with that humans are disgusting, but that's nothing to do with metal that just fact.

Personally metal has changed nothing about me because i'm not a metal head i just listen to the music, i think 99% of metal is cloned crap and wearing black all the time while being racist and doing the stupid "metal" hand gesture is just too much for me.

i dunno. metal just lights that fire in me. i guess it was there for me during darker times. but i dont really like that idea. more importantly, metal just makes me feel good. it feels right to me. it brings out my passion for music and life.

also, metal has given me somthing to be proud of. im a metalhead and damn proud of it. i wear a military uniform to work, and the metal uniform around town. and i wear em both proudly
~gR~

I listen to metal because no one loves me. :sad:

Really though, I have come across worldviews and cultures that I would not have otherwise, which is good. Metal is my primary hobby. It gives me something to do. I'm sure if I wasn't listening to metal I would have spent that money on video games or something. I suppose I have a bit stronger sense of identity. Without my solitary metal world I don't know how I would be distinguished from the people around me.

Lots of metallers turn to metal or emo because they are ugly sorry to be blunt but it's true.

I know lots of metallers that have the I hate humans attitude and i agree with that humans are disgusting, but that's nothing to do with metal that just fact.

Personally metal has changed nothing about me because i'm not a metal head i just listen to the music, i think 99% of metal is cloned crap and wearing black all the time while being racist and doing the stupid "metal" hand gesture is just too much for me.

nice job stereotyping and then posting a whole bunch of ignorant bullshit

It made me stop listening to rap and actually encouraged me to start listening to other genres of music.

It's also made me more open-minded.