Linda Perhacs

papaloidflook

New Metal Member
Apr 1, 2003
Are there any Opeth disciples who have been lucky enough to have heard Linda Perhacs' tunes on her album Parallelograms?

Its going to be very interesting to hear Mikael's and Steven's adaptation...

I found her Parallelograms album online and downloaded it. It sounded pretty decent, but I wasn't blown away. It sounded a little bit like Sarah McLachlan crossed with Meddle-era Pink Floyd.

Others have done the solo female artist thing much better, in my opinion. On the whole I found the album very slow and too... erm... drifty. But again, it's decent and worth a listen. But others have done the solo female siren thing much better since the era when this album came out.

I too downloaded almost all of it when Audiogalaxy was up and running. However the day i decided to download the song parallelograms the site was down and never managed to download that song. so i dont have a full album.......Wold u be able to somehow transfer that file to me via msn or the like COnsiderateApathy ? i would deeply appreciate it....

I have just recently acquired this stunning album. Did this tribute song ever arise?

Very unlikely that it will see the light of day as it was originally intended (I believe it was going to be a deluxe 7" vinyl only release) since the guy who was behind all this (Mikael Piper/ The Wild Places) passed away somewhat unexpectedly back in April. Perhaps it might be covered on the "supposed" Ackerfeldt - Wilson project (which I am not holding my breath for that to appear anytime soon, if ever...)

I love Parallelograms, one of my favorite folk albums, if you can even call it that, since it's psychedelic also. I recently found a copy of the vinyl for $23, I'm not sure if it was an original pressing or what, it was from a small record store.
oh, here's an interesting fact from wikipedia Perhacs"Sang backing vocals on the track called "Freely" on Devendra Banhart's - Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon"
he's pretty cool too, if you like folky music like that.

I recently found a copy of the vinyl for $23, I'm not sure if it was an original pressing or what, it was from a small record store. .

The original pressing (MCA/Kapp) goes for several hundred bucks if you can find it, otherwise the reissue that Michael Piper (RIP)/The Wild Places put out in 2003 was a limited print run of 600 Lps. I forget who actually pressed these, but Meatball sounds right (I have it but forgot to look and see who pressed them). So the original is quite rare and usually goes for fairly big cash... The reprint was sold out a while ago according to Michael, but since he's passed there is no way of knowing how many are still in circulation.

As for your question Narcoleptic Haze: love perhacs. what's this about a tribute song? never heard anything about that.

Steven and Michael were planning to record a cover of the track Parallelogram for a single that Wild Places was going to release, but as far as I know it never materialized. I will most likely be seeing Mike tonight (after the Philly show) and will ask him whatever became of this idea ... My guess is that it hasn't happened...yet !