Cool email from Mikael (old story though...)

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
You know? I've been meaning to post this here for awhile, just as a kind of cool Opeth encounter story.....

Somewtime between the releases of Deliverance and Damnation I noticed a link on Opeth's site to email "the band" or something....can't remember how it was phrased. It's since been taken down I believe. Anyway, I thought 'what the hell?' and wrote to Mikael. Just a couple short days later he answered me.....which I cut and paste here:

"Thanks man, yes the wickerman is a fukked up movie with a great soundtrack. If you like that you should check out Linda Perhacs, and US singersongwriter who did one, fantastic album in 1970 and then dissapeared. It's called "Parallellograms"
Cheers
Mike"

Kind of cool, I thought. The "thanks" is in reference to me getting all fired up about Opeth and telling him so......and I had told him that I'd seen the Wicker Man recently (which I loved), and noticed the soundtrack was on his playlist on the website. That was especially cool since I had thought something kind of "opethy" about the soundtrack. The weird 70's acoustic ditties and stuff........Anyway, I've looked for the Linda Perhacs album, but haven't found it yet.....then a few months later it was anounced that he and Steven from Porcupine Tree might do a tribute album to her....

Anyway, kind of a cool story I thought. I felt like he really went out of his way to write to me......