Line 6 pod xt

lost_within

Apr 24, 2006
UK
I'm on my way to purchase a Line 6 Pod XT. I've read it's a lot nicer than the original 2.0. I only need it to practice on and maybe use it for some rough recordings etc.. is there anything I should look out for, or are there any alternatives? I'll be needing it for my uni course, seems everyone has one! I'll be using it with my imac and presonus firebox.

If you're going to not be jumping from place to place, I would suggest just going with some freeware amp sims over the xt. If you are going to be trying to gig, practice with a band, blahblahblah, I say you should go with the pod.

Yeah i'll probably need to take it into the college some days. would prefer something portable for practices too.

It seems as if the XT and the XT Live are not being made anymore, barely anyone is selling them.. does anyone know anything about this?

I don't really understand why you'd get an XT when you buy a used X3 for less than the price of the XT. It has more features, it will work with bass guitar if you want to practice bass and dual tone just sounds better IMO.

See I can't decide if I want the regular one or the Live one.. I reckon the regular one should be enough to practice and record with, I'd much rather use my Mesa Dual Rec live! They both do the same thing, just that the Live has floor button switching right?

They both do the same thing, just that the Live has floor button switching right?

Right. Take the bean version (and the FBV Express if you feel you need the pedals). I´ve heard far too many problems on the Live version. Most people I know that bought the Live version had to switch the unity due to malfunction at least once. Never heard problems with the bean version though... and it takes less space on your desk.

The X3 bean does not have MIDI, tho... so if you want to use that, keep it in mind. Also, the X3 Live has Variax guitar connectivity. I doubt you'd want to use a Variax for metal, tho.