Line 6 Toneport GX problem?

iambrando

May 26, 2009
Hey, new the the forums and really need some help. I recently bought a "Line 6 Toneport GX" and none of my programs are picking up distortion from it. It just comes out clean, and isn't picking up PODFARM, I tried it in Garageband and it works, but I want it to work in my friends Logic Express and Reaper. Seeing you can edit more in the programs. Any help?

I also got that problem some days ago. Gearbox didn't distort my DI tracks! :| I use Cubase SX3. is there Anybody help us? :|

Might be a silly suggestion, but how did you set the input of the DAW / output of Gearbox? Sounds to me like you are getting the signal before the gearbox processing.

Might be a silly suggestion, but how did you set the input of the DAW / output of Gearbox? Sounds to me like you are getting the signal before the gearbox processing.

i'm not sure i follow your question, but. what we do is have the guitar > toneport > usb of toneport > computer > then open logic > and nothing. cause im assuming you're supposed to open podfarm within logic, and not open podfarm then logic.

its quite simple, I use it daily since i bought it 2 years ago, I also have an UX2. Basically the toneport is like any card, you will get only the DI. If you want the distorted sound, you can put the podfarm plugin on the track. Or to record the basic way, you have to open podfarm besides your DAW, so that it produces the processed sound, and find the way to route podfarm sound output to your track in. I remember when I was doing that it was often as simple as hitting the record button of cubase because it was recording the processed sound with no need to tweak the routing, don't remember of having anything to do.

So if I'm well, you should be able to record the sound opening podfarm BEFORE logic, or if you have the plugin just put it on your DI track.

As LeSedna said, just run PodFarm or Gearbox (like I do) and dial in the sound you want to record. Then choose Input 1/2 (or maybe called "Send 1" and "Send 2") as the input for your recording track and hit RECORD. If you choose Send 3/4, you might get the direct signal (only your guitar, no amp-processing), if you kept the default settings.