Linear Sphere - amazing band!

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
www.linearsphere.com

Linear Sphere's Reality Dysfunction is quite possibly the best debut of 2005 so far. Super technical prog metal that often reminds me of Spiral Architect, only with more emphasis on Allan Holdsworth-ish jazz overtones, heavier guitar riffs that often recalled the likes of Cynic and other death metal bands, and a singer whose voice is one of the most original I've heard in a long time.

Check them out: Reality Dysfunction review | Linear Sphere interview

What the hell is a "linear sphere"?? I can imagine the discussion on the band 's name:

"Well, we're prog, so our name needs to make us sound smart. How about something all mathy or geometric?"

"Um, 'linear' sounds pretty cool."

"OK, but 'linear' *what*"?

"Linear X??"

"Shut up."

"How about 'curvilinear' ??"

"No, that makes us sound *too* pretentious."

"Linear lines?"

"No, that's repetetive and redundant."

"And repetetive, too."

"Shut up."

"I think we need two words that have nothing to do with one another and that make a contradiction, like 'jumbo shrimp'. "

"Linear Equation?"

"No, those are real things."

"Linear Rounds?"

"Ugh, sounds like a meat dish."

"Linear Spheroids?"

"Sounds too much like an ailment of the ass."

"Linear Sphere?"

"Hmmm..."

"But won't it sounds too much like Secret Sphere?"

"Shut up. Let's go with it."

gave it a listen..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............not very good

"Fancy ketchup."

"Amtrak schedule."

Mattias of the Night said:
I understand that as well as you do, but do you really think the dildos in the band knows such big words?

Hmm, they might, they might not.

But, more than likely, they might just have a clue about subject-verb agreement. :tickled: