List bands you like...come on, you know you wanna

opeth, nevermore, vehemence, vital remains, suffocation, NIGHTWISH, edge of sanity, decapitated, necrophagist, candlemass, novembers doom, solitude aeternus, arch enemy, nonexist, dimmu borgir, emperor, dragonlord, testament, destruction, exodus

Opeth
Orphaned Land
The Tea Party
Metallica
David Bowie
Bathory
Mayhem
Type O Negative
My Dying Bride
Finntroll
Burzum
Bush
Lacuna Coil
Gorgoroth
Cradle Of Filth
Amon Amarth
Novembers Doom
Nevermore
Rob/White Zombie
Soundgarden
Faith No More
Fantomas
Einherjer
Bloodbath
Rotting Christ
Thou Art Lord
Samael
My Ruin
The Corsairs
Flogging Molly
Immortal
Emperor
Death
Danzig

unknown said:
At the moment?

Into Eternity
<snip>

Into Eternity is awesome, looking foreward to seeing them at Prog Power this year. Also, their new drummer is from Madison, WI! Where I be! I knows peoples that knows him.

Ok, my own response to this thread will follow...

The Trinity of Favorite Bands of All Time:

Rush - Dream Theater - Pain of Salvation

Once upon a time Queensryche was up there, but as I'm sure everyone knows, the mighty have fallen. The bands in the trinity are those whom I can always listen to, never cease to amaze me, and who have never written a song I didn't like (although I can rarely be found in the mood for Rush's first CD, but they make up for that with 16 other studio releases I love the crap out of).

Among other favorite current bands:
Symphony X, Evergrey, Iced Earth (not so sure about Ripper though), Blind Guardian, Sun Caged, Opeth, Neversomethingorother, Savatage, Kamelot (Khan pwnz), Angra, Steve Vai

Bands I haven't listened to lately but who deserve mention for their fantasticalness:
Zero Hour, Power of Omens, Watchtower/Spastic Ink, classic Megadeth, Children of Bodom, Control Denied ... and I'm drawing a blank though I'm sure there are others