List of Never Played Live Songs

apu99992

New Metal Member
Aug 25, 2008
I just wanted to compile a list of songs SX has never played live (excluding antyhing from the debut or DG)

As Far as I know:

Candlelight Fantasia (whole song)
Lady of the Snow
A Fools Paradise
Rediscovery (1 & 2)
Awakenings
Seven
The Sacrifice

Tell me if any of these songs have ever been played (or better yet get me the boot to prove it :) )

Speaking of which, I was just thinking about how bad we need another live album. Live on the Edge of Forever was just unbelievable, but I'm yearning for that same sound in some other classics, mostly the accolades and odyssey. A new 2-disc set that fills in the old gaps and features a number of PL songs is now NECESSARY.

I just wanted to compile a list of songs SX has never played live (excluding antyhing from the debut or DG)

As Far as I know:

Lady of the Snow
A Fools Paradise
Rediscovery (1 & 2)
Awakenings
Seven
The Sacrifice

Tell me if any of these songs have ever been played (or better yet get me the boot to prove it :) )

Awakenings has been done live before. I can think of a couple shows where it was perfomed. As for a boot, I think a size 13 to your ass would do just fine. ;)

Speaking of which, I was just thinking about how bad we need another live album. Live on the Edge of Forever was just unbelievable, but I'm yearning for that same sound in some other classics, mostly the accolades and odyssey. A new 2-disc set that fills in the old gaps and features a number of PL songs is now NECESSARY.

Yes.

But first V part II.

If I ever get a chance to see A Fool's Paradise live... I might just be happy dying right then and there. It's not my favorite S-X song by any means, but GODDAMNIT IS IT GOOD ASDLFKJALSKDFLAKSJDF. :loco:

MJR has said in some interview that with the next album, the'll probably be sticking with the current direction of the music, which essentially dashes my hopes for a proper Accolade III, or anything resembling Communion and the Oracle...EVER AGAIN. In any case, I don't think you can have a spiritual successor to V under those circumstances. I don't think the latest style represents what we all found musically appealing in V. PL is great, but I'd like to think of it as a change of direction to round out their discography, not a permanent change...but for now, it looks that way.

Lady of the Snow
A Fools Paradise
Rediscovery (1 & 2)
Seven
The Sacrifice

There's many more songs they have never played, at least to my knowledge (again, excluding anything from the first two albums):

Pharaoh
The Witching Hour
The Relic
Orion - The Hunter
Absence of Light
Incantations of the Apprentice
The Turning
Frontiers

I asked Mike (Lepond) after a gig if they would ever play Frontiers, and he said something along the lines of "You'll never hear that one." He went on to say why - because not too many people even know of the song. It's a shame, too; it's a great song.

As for the others, I'd like to hear Relic, Absence of Light, Seven, A Fool's Paradise, or maybe Orion occasionally. And, of course, Rediscovery would kick major ass. The rest of the songs I don't find that good, so I could care less.

Absence of Light and A Fool's Paradise are on my wish list. If I heard them, I could literally call myself complete.

I say let them get out at least ONE more studio album before they go the live route. Otherwise we're gonna get the same setlist as the last live album, but with the addition of 6 PL songs, Inferno, Wicked, and The Odyssey. Personally, some more variety would be great. No reason to do a live album only two CD's after your last one. Don't want them to become Maiden, do we?

I think that 4 the next live album, this set would kick some serious ass.

1. Four corners of the earth
2. DWOT part 2
3. Accolade 1 (up until russ's vocal solo)
3.5 A Winters Dream part 1 (full song is played, but w/ keyboard solo in the beginning to transition from E to D)
4. DWOT parts 3+4
5. Paradise Lost
6. Keyboard Solo
7. Accolade 2
8. Twilight in Olympus I: Smoke and Mirrors
9. Twilight in Olympus II: church of the Machine
10. Twilight in Olympus III: Sonata
11. Twilight in Olympus IIII: Through the Looking Glass
------------------------
Intermission
------------------------
12.Lacrymosa Tape
13. Absence of Light
14. A Fools Paradise
15. Rediscovery 1
16. Rediscovery 2 (with modified ending. Instead of outro solo song transitions to DWOT)
17. DWOT part 5,6,&7
-------------------------
Encore
-------------------------
The Edge of Forever

This would definately be a kick ass set. (yes I treat the first half of TIO like DT's A Mind Besides Itself, but I the songs flow into each other. Who can explain that?)