Question about Symphony X live performance set lists

ElvenShadow

Guilty Gear
Jul 21, 2002
Japan
Visit site
Ive never seen SyX live (though I will soon), and i was wondering if they ever play the later half of V on tour at all? The live album stops at Death of Balance which I think is sort of a shame since my 3 favorite songs on V are Absense of Light, A Fools Paradise and Rediscovery II. So have they ever played those songs live? And for any of their shows while touring for V, did they ever play any of the songs from V out of order? Just curious.

Nope, I dont think they've ever played the 2nd half of V live. They also havent played it out of order either, but sometimes they did omit Bird-Serpent War and On the Breath of Poseidon so they'd have room for a longer song elsewhere in the set (In the case of one of the shows I went to, The Accolade).

Hmm... do you think theres a chance that they may play some of those other songs from V on their upcoming tour since it is no longer a tour for V and theres no way they will have time to play the majority of V since they will be mainly focusing on The Oddyssy songs and will also need to play a few from other albums? Also.... I noticed they dont really play anything off of the Damnation game which i think is a shame because its my favorite album by them along with V. Do they ever play anything off that?

there's no chance they'll play those ones, they are incredibly hard to play, they suck when they play the easier, so imagine how they would sound playing these

Originally posted by Dark5675
there's no chance they'll play those ones, they are incredibly hard to play, they suck when they play the easier, so imagine how they would sound playing these
What the f*ck are you on? :confused:

Have you even seen/heard Symphony X live? I have listened to a few full length bootlegs, the live album and seen a bootleg from a show in Montreal, and they definitely don't suck live...

Originally posted by ElvenShadow
Also.... I noticed they dont really play anything off of the Damnation game which i think is a shame because its my favorite album by them along with V. Do they ever play anything off that?

The Edge of Forever was played in Atlanta last year. Dressed to Kill appeared at various shows. I think those are the only 2 songs from Damnation that were part of the last touring cycle repertoire.

Glenn

Also, AFAIK, The latter part of V was only played in rehearsals never live. I'm sure Matthew might be able to confirm this one for me. I missed that second rehearsal. Damn.

Glenn

are you on crack?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dark5675
:mad: :confused: :bah: :err: :err: :eek: :( :guh: o_O :puke: :ill: ... Are you sure you are in the Correct forum band? :lol: :) :cool:

Ok let's call the social services to put him in a disintoxication clinic LOL! :lol:
Damnit i really hope he was under the effect of some strange substances o_O o_O o_O hahah!!! at least he can recover!!! :D
but if he was in normal conditions... oh gawd... :lol:

X-Greets,
Knight_

hahahahahaha
cwm27.gif
cwm27.gif
:lol: :lol: