List of Never Played Live Songs

I won't say that's a bad setlist, cause it isn't, but it wouldn't make any sense for them to play so little new stuff. I'd be happy with the kind of setlists they have been doing recently if you just doubled the length with more old stuff.

Yeah and no "Of Sins and Shadows" or "Inferno" please.

Interesting set, but it's highly improbable that they'd ever play anything like it. You have ONE newer song in there! My guess is that their next live album would look something like this:

Oculus (intro tape)
Set the World on Fire
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
King of Terrors (or Wicked)
Dressed to Kill
Through the Looking Glass (or Egypt)
Walls of Babylon
Smoke and Mirrors (or Out of the Ashes)
Sea of Lies (or Church of the Machine)
Eve of Seduction
---
Revelation / Divine Wings pt. VII
---
The Odyssey

And, since that is a fairly long set, they'd probably trim a few songs off (most likely the oldest ones, Masquerade and Dressed). I didn't put Inferno or Of Sins and Shadows in there, since they're WAY overplayed, but I bet they'd work them in somehow.

I would also MUCH rather hear Divine Wings in full rather than The Odyssey, but I'd be surprised if the band ever plays the full song again. They seem to have left it behind them, unfortunately.

Absence of Light and A Fool's Paradise are on my wish list. If I heard them, I could literally call myself complete.

A Fool's Paradise is perhaps my favorite song of theirs; it defines Symphony X in my opinion. It has an incredible vocal range though, so they would probably have to play it in a lower key. It's just a fact of life that Russell's voice will have shifted downwards a bit in the last decade...

In my opinion, spreading out a longtrack (especially a highly "complete" one like TDWOT) is a sacrilege.

I completely agree. It would be like them playing ONLY Champion of Ithaca at a show. Pointless.

They did play Pt. VII of Divine Wings last tour after the played Revelation, but it didn't feel the same since the 18 minutes of kick ass weren't preceeding it.

Perhaps, but it wouldn't have the same feel to it if they didn't pay the 20 minutes before it. You know what I mean?

Yeah, I guess. But to give it that sense of finality, it could also be a sweet ending number. Man, I would love to end a show like this:

Last edited by a moderator: