List of possible songs for a special Dan treantment

the_fiend

Dan Swano Fanboy
Apr 22, 2008
Singapore
Dan Swanö;8683604 said:
Coolness!

If anyone of you could dream up some songs that you think I should do, and then some kind of poll to choose the one to start with...then we could work something out thru PayPal or so..and then each of the paying "customers" will recieve a download link or something?? I think a song from scratch would cost a minimum of 400 euros.

FOR PEOPLE NOT AWARE WHAT THIS IS ABOUT :REFER TO THIS LINK FIRST

Please add up your suggestions in the thread. No repeats. Once we have enough songs here, we can put them in a poll and then vote.

The reason for doing this are :
- A poll listing songs from just 1 person in not fair and must include opinions of as many people as possible.
- Peoples' minds can change after reading someone else's replies, which will finally reflect in a poll. I'll add all the songs in this post as they come up.
- Dan will obviously have a veto on which songs he will not do, so we can eliminate them here, before going into a poll and then (possibly) disappointing some.

List of possible songs (as of the most recent update) :
1. Jesus Cries
2. Alone
3. Scarred for life
4. We could have been
5. A lesson in evil
6.Messenger
7.Newer and Better "Black Tears"
8.Return to Dreamland
9.Enigma
10.The Masque
11.Alone
12.Gypsy Eyes
13.Dead but Dreaming
14.Exhibition of souls

I don't know if it's included in Second Sky (dan posted something about that years ago), but I love the "soft part from moontower sessions" mp3 from swano.com (I seeeee you staaaanding at the tower!") Would love to have that turned into a song :)

We could have been (Unicorn unplugged)

Scarred for life
maybe even a remix would do it justice

Yeah Scarred for life would be a proper song to work with. I love that song, really cool and a new sound would be great for this. The guys sometimes play this song live so it would probably :headbang:

So many to choose from, let me see... If it's only one suggestion each then mine is A lesson in evil (Nightingale) otherwise I also pick:
EOS - Blood-Colored and Sacrificed
Unicorn - Tunes for the stork and Mr. K just left the circus

1. New song sounding like Infestdead/Bloodbath
2. New song sounding like EOS
3. New song sounding like Moontower
4. New song 30 mins where Dan can go wild and do whatever he want

:kickass:

This way Dans gets the chance to fill many of his needs :p

1. New song sounding like Infestdead/Bloodbath
2. New song sounding like EOS
3. New song sounding like Moontower
4. New song 30 mins where Dan can go wild and do whatever he want

:kickass:

This way Dans gets the chance to fill many of his needs :p

You mean our needs. :heh:

A new version/remix of Scarred for Life and/or a finished version of We Could Have Been would be awesome! I'm all for those!

Good start....

Just keep it coming. The less growling, the better. Or I might need to charge you for medical bills if the cookiemonster sings too much ;)
Second Sky is of course not included here. A bunch of Unicorn songs have been "earmarked" for both Nightingale (!!!) and Second Sky, for future use, so if any of those would be the pick (I doubt it though.) then we have to go with second best!

Dan

Dan could always go for, say clean versions of Moontower / Edge of Sanity songs.

new treatmen for:

Enigma
The Masque

Alone? (and actually most of the 3 first Nightingale albums)

Hiding Again
Suddenly

...and I would love to hear the brothers go crazy with something like Pan-Thy-Monium/KAraboudjan again

"Scarred" and "Black" would be nice. "State of shock " is a odd request. But i don´t think it could be much better. The first part of "Hiding again" would be nice but you cant top the "heavy section" You can re-record dull stuff but you can´t re-record emotion

...the best of all would be to make some very cool and epic medley featuring parts from all different projects:

Steel, Pan-Thy-Monium, Edge Of Sanity, Moontower, Unicorn and Nightingale... and even some of the oldschool material and Tom Nouga stuff...

Of course redo maybe some of the lyrics maybe a bit... to beter fit things together.
just have fun with the melodies and weirdness :D

I have a feeling We Could Have Been is with Second Sky now ;)

For something to redo:

Nightingale - Gypsy Eyes (but I would like a new TBS rerecording with the real band!)
Edge of Sanity - Dead but Dreaming

I'd actually love to hear your Bloodbath demos if you could ever get permission from Century Media or whoever.

I would prefer new songs. Re-recordings wouldn't feel very fun to pay for to be honest, but I guess 1 or 2 re-recordings would be ok :kickass:

Can we expect a release early 2010? :D

lets not get ahead of ourselves^

my vote is for alone, would anyone want dan to cover another song? i dont know any of the legality or anything behind it, but maybe dan knows of some songs that have inspired him that may make cool DS additions :D

For me it's Alone or Scarred for life, hmmm have to think a lit about this, maybe i'll choose scarred for life cause it's better live song than alone.

Sacrificed and The hole Spectral Sorrows album have to be re-mastered as soon as possible. :kickass:

"Scarred" and "Black" would be nice. "State of shock " is a odd request. But i don´t think it could be much better. The first part of "Hiding again" would be nice but you cant top the "heavy section" You can re-record dull stuff but you can´t re-record emotion

You know, in your heart of hearts, that Black Tears is deeply deserving of being re-recorded. ;)