Collaboration with Dan

Skaldir

formerly known as Unicorn
Nov 3, 2001
Germany
www.kalthallen.de
Dear friends,
I have very good news for me and maybe for you, too!
It all started with me doing a Dan a favour by typing lost lyrics for the "I" booklet.
Then I asked Dan if he wants to do me a favour, too, and suggested that it would be nice if he could sing on one of my songs and he said yes!! He also added that it will take some time, and so the years passed by. One day I thought that the instrumental I sent him maybe isn't the best song to sing on and wrote a new one that I thought fitted better and mailed him the new song.

A few month ago this dream came true as I got a parcel from Dan, where he returned the song with his Vocals and a guitarsolo on it!! I can't thank Dan enough!! I'm so happy about this and now that I did some re-recordings it's ready to be shared with you.
I really hope that you will like the song, it's not a metal song, more a soft(prog?)-rock song.

The songs name is "I follow the light", the lyrics were written by my brother Thomas and Dan, who made some changes and added parts.
Vocals, lead guitar by Dan
Keys, guitars, bass, drums by me
add. Rhythm Guitar by Udo Sabath

Within a few years I'd like to do a complete album in that style, on which this song will appear then.

Here's the link
http://www.hoerspiegel.de/unicorn/I_Follow_The_Light.rar

have fun

Markus

For I don't have real webspace anymore that song will stay there only a few weeks. (Thanks to Nico/Claret)

Wow, what a cool opportunity this must have been for you!! That would be one of the highlights of my life to be able to collab with one of my musical idols like this. It sounds great man!! Dan's vocals sound amazing on this too!!! Loved it. Also, Im sure it will become a real rare track after a while.

fireangel said:
You receive a (virtual) thanks-medal now, for answering all the questions I post on UM :)
:)

One would be lead to think that I'm stalking on you.

Which I'm not.

Also, Windows XP has an in-built .rar extractor. What OS are you using, Thanatopsis?

Thanatopsis123 said:
As much as I'd like to hear this song, I refuse to download a program to help me deal with a fucking file type I only have to mess with once a year at most.

:lol:

You refuse to deal with the filetype even though your OS has the extractor built into it? Just download the damn file and double click it.
I have Home Edition as well so it's pretty much impossible for you not to have it too.

W3ird. It's right there in the main "all programs" branch behind the Start button for me. Why don't you get WinRAR anyway? There's absolutely nothing wrong with the program.

WinRAR does rule. This song was pretty good, too. And Dan sounded great. I was sort of waiting to hear Dan singing over something new.

Thanatopsis123, you can also download foobar2000. foobar2000 is an audio-player which can directly play .rar, .zip or other compressed audio files. It has also got very much other cool features. Really good software!
http://www.foobar2000.com