List of possible songs for a special Dan treantment

That´s sacred ground :worship: Maybe we could make it a bit heavier but NO ONE could sing this one better than Steve Walsh. John Elefante came close. "A mans gotta know his limitations" :rolleyes:

Well Dag, I wasn't expecting you and your brother to make a "better"
recording of the song, just "your" translation. :) I love to here covers
from artist I listen to on a regular basis, don't you? Well, anyway,
I believe you two could record a excellent version. :headbang: Just my opinion.

I'm a sucker for Edge of Sanity naturally as Unorthodox was the first CD I heard by Dan.
But when I think about it now, it makes no sense to re-record such classic songs. Even the slight tempo fluctuations sound cool.
But maybe a remake of "Tales..." would be cool as it does lack a little bit of high end production.
btw Dan I've always wondered, were the sudden volume changes on that album intentional?

You should listen to that cover, and just say it's the exception that proves the rule that Dag don't listen to no covers. It's pretty hellacious.

Guess what i´m about to do now ? Listen to a few Dan Swanö covers with me playing on one of them:headbang: That´s the exception:lol:

I never liked King Diamond and c/o anyway

The "original" version of "Deep inside of nowhere" started with a riff almost indentical to the one in "Sweet home alabama" . I thought i was a joke but it wasn´t. "Ehhhhhh, i think we should change that riff" was my suggestion :lol:
Dan had never heard "Sweet home..." :oops:

The "original" version of "Deep inside of nowhere" started with a riff almost indentical to the one in "Sweet home alabama" . I thought i was a joke but it wasn´t. "Ehhhhhh, i think we should change that riff" was my suggestion :lol:
Dan had never heard "Sweet home..." :oops:

I thought that was SO funny when I heard about that! That's so great.

Personally, I'd LOVE to hear "A Lesson In Evil" updated. That was actually the very first Nightingale song I heard, and that was the song that got me hooked on Nightingale (for life!).

Also, "The One" is a fantastic song, but I'd love to hear it updated as well. The synthesizers were really heavy; it has always been a small fantasy of mine to hear it with real strings. Of course, that'd be extremely costly though! Perhaps with a better synth sound?

I'm probably the only one who'd love to hear these songs updated, but I thought it would be worth a shot and offer my opinion.

(...)

Personally, I'd LOVE to hear "A Lesson In Evil" updated. That was actually the very first Nightingale song I heard, and that was the song that got me hooked on Nightingale (for life!).

(...)

I'm probably the only one who'd love to hear these songs updated, but I thought it would be worth a shot and offer my opinion.

A new version of A Lession in Evil would be cool indeed! That part of the "Atlantamedley" sounds really good so why not?
But then, the original kicks so much ass already! :worship:

Btw, welcome to the crazy world of Dan Swanö & Co. :loco:

Hi there! I already suggested A lesson in evil, it's listed in the first post. A poll will hopefully be made someday so when the time comes, vote for it!