Listen to Tie My Rope here...

After listening to the song about 15 times now I have to say I really like it! It's hard to believe that anyone who enjoyed the HCDR or AYDY albums as a whole could dislike the chorus or the heavy riffing. I never expected COB to win back all the power metal fans who hates everything they've released after 2001 with this song or the upcoming album, but the fans who have enjoyed the bands development and sound in recent years should like this as much as I do!

And btw, I've been listening to this band for 7 years, which I bet is longer than 95% of the people on this board, and I love the earlier albums aswell. I can see this song fit in perfectly between older songs at a live setting and I'm really excited for the rest of the album. This is very likely one of the more straight-forward, catchier songs and I'm sure the rest of the album will have as much variation between the songs as the past ones.

EDIT: Can't wait to hear this song with a better sound quality.

I agree dude.:kickass:
I expect a lot of the new COB's album, TMR promises nice sound (mixture of the old and new stuff).
:)
P.S. It's fine to hear some new elements in Bodom's music-that's a sign of progress. Old stuff are awesome, but these guys have to go ahead, to evolve...

I think it's like a combination of the songs Living Dead Beat, Chokehold and Triple Corpse Hammerblow :rolleyes: Not bad at all if the new album sounds like AYDY, especially if it has elements from HCDR like this song seems to have :headbang:

I think the song is excellent. I also think that those who don't like it need to quit crying like little babies and get a life. COB has changed their style - BIG DEAL. No one wants to hear how you think COB sucks because they are different. A true fan will accept that they've altered their sound. If you don't like Children of Bodom any more, then stop listening to them. Its that simple. If you already have stopped listening to them, then don't post here about how you think they are crap, cuz no one cares.

We'll.. you must at least respect each others' opinion. Some may think it's good, others bad. Maybe you're a real big fan and you like what they do no matter how it sounds like, but that would mean you are "blind". Many great fans don't like COB's new style; they are old COB fans. Etc.

-Unhallowed= said:
After listening to the song about 15 times now I have to say I really like it! It's hard to believe that anyone who enjoyed the HCDR or AYDY albums as a whole could dislike the chorus or the heavy riffing. I never expected COB to win back all the power metal fans who hates everything they've released after 2001 with this song or the upcoming album, but the fans who have enjoyed the bands development and sound in recent years should like this as much as I do!

And btw, I've been listening to this band for 7 years, which I bet is longer than 95% of the people on this board, and I love the earlier albums aswell. I can see this song fit in perfectly between older songs at a live setting and I'm really excited for the rest of the album. This is very likely one of the more straight-forward, catchier songs and I'm sure the rest of the album will have as much variation between the songs as the past ones.

EDIT: Can't wait to hear this song with a better sound quality.

Finally someone's opinion that I can agree with. This song kicks ass.

And btw, I've been listening to this band for 7 years, which I bet is longer than 95% of the people on this board

Eat shit and go fuck yourself.

No one gives a fuck how long you've been listening to Bodom, or whether you're a pre or post alexander fan. It doesn't make you(r opinion) better than someone who just heard AYDY last week. And flaunting the fact you've been listening to them longer than anyone else makes you one gigantic faggot my good sir, I tip my hat to you, douchebag.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the songs. Would be great if they remade this song. It's likely the sound will change if they switch studios, so that will also be interesting. COB recorded 4 songs during that period last spring, they were supposed to do 5 but Alexi was hungover, and I guess this is the only song they had extra attention to because it would be published beforehand. But you can see his vocals are too normal to be anything but demo material.

Hmm first few listens i didn't really like this song at all... but it has grown on me quite a bit. Don't like Alexi's vocals in the verses though, hopefully they re-record them.

viva la bands is officially out now and i've heard the song finally. it does sound better in the full quality but it doesn't make or break the song. for the record i like the song anyways so this just makes it better.