Listen to Tie My Rope here...

i liked it
i dont like when bands sound the same for all their albums it gets boring
its better to change a little

Obviously, changes can be a good thing - but it depends on whether or not they change for the better. I'd rather stick with the old "boring" sound, than a new shitty one. Still; I like Tie My Rope. I don't love it, but it's an alright song. As long as it's not supposed to be the highlight of the new album, I ain't complaining.

it does kinda sound like a song from Are You Dead Yet it dosnt imo sound much like HCDR because HCDR had some very strong ideas which they managed to sustain through out their songs.Most of Are you dead yet? was filled with songs that had the potential to be much better but sucked overall as they sounded half done as half the song would be extrodinarily lame.The only really good song on that album is living dead beat Although AyDy the song has a very cool riff that comes in straight after the intro riff which deserves a mention. Its a shame we will never see anything approaching Hatebreeder or something wild :erk:. I dont want Bodom to release albums that are exactly the same as the first two again but i think they should start incorpirating some of the elements that made those albums great back into their music and mix it with their new style but then again that is just my personal opinion. From listening to TMR it looks like we are gonna have are you dead yet 2.

how the bodom albums rank (sorry some of them go together imo)
1) Hatebreeder and something wild (Classic's)
2) Hate crew death roll and Folow the reaper (Awesome)
3) Are You Dead Yet? (a bit patchy)

I agree with the above post in the albums order thing, but I must say that Tie My Rope has grown on my a little, I didn't like TL&S for ages but now I think it's an awesome song. Maybe this new album won't be so bad.

it does kinda sound like a song from Are You Dead Yet it dosnt imo sound much like HCDR because HCDR had some very strong ideas which they managed to sustain through out their songs.Most of Are you dead yet? was filled with songs that had the potential to be much better but sucked overall as they sounded half done as half the song would be extrodinarily lame.The only really good song on that album is living dead beat Although AyDy the song has a very cool riff that comes in straight after the intro riff which deserves a mention. Its a shame we will never see anything approaching Hatebreeder or something wild :erk:. I dont want Bodom to release albums that are exactly the same as the first two again but i think they should start incorpirating some of the elements that made those albums great back into their music and mix it with their new style but then again that is just my personal opinion. From listening to TMR it looks like we are gonna have are you dead yet 2.

how the bodom albums rank (sorry some of them go together imo)
1) Hatebreeder and something wild (Classic's)
2) Hate crew death roll and Folow the reaper (Awesome)
3) Are You Dead Yet? (a bit patchy)

Think about it, do you want heavy sounding COB with classical stuff? It wouldn't work. Besides what Bodom does is way better than any classical shit. It's just a different kind of enjoyment. They do want to sound evil, after all. Compare Towards Dead End to Punch Me I Bleed, the songs pretty much have the same idea, but I think the latter is more in the spirit of the idea. Towards Dead End sounds like a happy hippy song, and tells about facing the end of your road. Wtf?+1

The band had very little time to write AYDY and Alexi was in panic and stress composing it. Many of the songs are potentially great like you said. Thinking about it now, I'd say songs 1, 2 and 4. The lack of composing time results in the simplistic construction of the songs. Repeating a boring chorus 3 times and all that. Easy. It's also that most of Bodom's new stuff falls into boring choruses, but is great elsewhere. Like Needled. Then the contrary example is Children of Decadence, the verses are just build-up for the chorus.

But anyways this time they've had so much time to write the material that they won't have any excuses, and I don't think they'll be needing any. :) I'm having a feeling they will be most satisfied with this new one out of any other they've done, all things concidered. They've made all sorts of mistakes with every album, but this time the songs will be good and the sounds will be good and I think now they've figured how to do very good songs. This is just my feeling.