Listen to Tie My Rope here...

i do agree that hatebreeder and hcdr were way better than Are you Dead Yet, but its still good, punch me i bleed and bastards of bodom are really good, but i like the keyboards in punch me i bleed so..

Punch me is Bodom's worst song! :lol:

+1

I like it, Something Wild has some weaker songs.

I dislike Something Wild. Obviously, it sounds amateurish, a lot of wtf composition ideas imo

I prefer AYDY to HCDR.

exact opposite for me. However, my fav COB album rotates a lot (actually my fav album by any band rotates a lot). There were times when I somehow thought FTR was pretty weak actually :lol:.

@Joonas: Children of Decadence, Hate Me!, etc. are pretty damn good examples of "heavy" "neo-classical." SX also manage(d) to be "heavy" and "neo-classical" at the same time. so i think that's a bit ignorant on your part :p

i was wondering why the fuck wasnt this topic de-stickied.. but anyways

IMO Something Wild is a very good album, yes they have wtf ideas but they sound good, best song? The Nail along with Touch Like Angel of Death.

And I prefer HCDR because Punch Me I Bleed isn't on it :lol:

Meh I don't see how Punch me I bleed is any more in the spirit of anything just because it's heavier, menace doesn't just come from heaviness.

Ding ding ding!!! Winnar!!!

That's precisely how I feel, and I think most people seem to forget this. You don't need the extra-extra-extra chunky guitar sound to have a song sound evil and menacing.

Think about it, do you want heavy sounding COB with classical stuff? It wouldn't work. Besides what Bodom does is way better than any classical shit. It's just a different kind of enjoyment. They do want to sound evil, after all. Compare Towards Dead End to Punch Me I Bleed, the songs pretty much have the same idea, but I think the latter is more in the spirit of the idea. Towards Dead End sounds like a happy hippy song, and tells about facing the end of your road. Wtf?+1

You can have a song sound heavy while retaining a neoclassical sound. Deadnight Warrior, Warheart, and Children of Decadence all demonstrate this.

The band had very little time to write AYDY and Alexi was in panic and stress composing it. Many of the songs are potentially great like you said. Thinking about it now, I'd say songs 1, 2 and 4. The lack of composing time results in the simplistic construction of the songs. Repeating a boring chorus 3 times and all that. Easy. It's also that most of Bodom's new stuff falls into boring choruses, but is great elsewhere. Like Needled. Then the contrary example is Children of Decadence, the verses are just build-up for the chorus.

I'd like AYDY a lot better if the keyboards were put in the foreground, like on FTR. And if the choruses/song structures weren't so painfully boring.

It has more emotional content than any of their songs, and I take it you haven't seen the youtube live video.

Sorry dude, but you can't polish a turd. :lol: The main riff is a Pantera ripoff of Hard lines, Sunken Cheeks. The only thing that saves the song is the solo, and that isn't anything too special. But hey, you are easily impressed when it comes to your favorite band :lol:

Ah, fuck.. here: [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FwHSCenOXZ8[/ame]

I mean the keyboards together with the guitar. It's not that it sounds menacing and heavy, don't twist my words. The guitar sounds like an old door. The entire atmosphere is like the audience should hold candles in the air or something. (Don't just concentrate on the vocals, it's played first time ever here.)

Damn that's just so fucking great, if this was done as properly on the album it would be my fave song.. It's like it tells about so shameful condition of a person that this song should be banned, you know. It's very intimately dark.

Maybe it's just me because I've sort of been there, fucked and unable to anything and depressed, so I'm not just looking at this song with a musical and emotionless perspective. The entire intro and part 1:04-1:24 for example is pure sex.

I mean the keyboards together with the guitar. It's not that it sounds menacing and heavy, don't twist my words. The guitar sounds like an old door. The entire atmosphere is like the audience should hold candles in the air or something. (Don't just concentrate on the vocals, it's played first time ever here.)

Damn that's just so fucking great, if this was done as properly on the album it would be my fave song.. It's like it tells about so shameful condition of a person that this song should be banned, you know. It's very intimately dark.

Maybe it's just me because I've sort of been there, fucked and unable to anything and depressed, so I'm not just looking at this song with a musical and emotionless perspective. The entire intro and part 1:04-1:24 for example is pure sex.

Sorry dude, but you can't polish a turd. :lol: The main riff is a Pantera ripoff of Hard lines, Sunken Cheeks. The only thing that saves the song is the solo, and that isn't anything too special. But hey, you are easily impressed when it comes to your favorite band :lol:

i like punch me i bleed, i have no idea why people tell me its their worst song. I guess everyone has their own musical taste...