Listen to Tie My Rope here...

doesn't anoynes mind go back to Knuckleduster when hearing this song as much as mine?I mean,I like this one as I did like Knuckleduster,but the ones who were expecting a comeback to the old stylke I think they're not going to like that one.the intro it's just disco,it wouldn't even fit in a Warmen album,but overall the song is cool,thugh maybe more Kyllahullut-style than proper Bodom,but anyway,that's part of a big album,lets wait for it before judging,shouldn't we?

Guys. The song was released pre-CD for an American CD released by a skateboarder.

1) I really don't think that the best quality of recording was done, and that will be better when they record for the CD.
2) The song has an American, AYDY feel BECAUSE IT WAS MADE FOR AMERICA.
3) Stop your guys's fucking complaining. It's one fucking song. Wait for the fucking album to come out before you judge it. And then, only then, if you still don't like the album, THEN flame it. I mean goddamn you guys are fucking acting like this one song decides the fate of bodom forever.

If Alexi were to read this, he'd be ashamed.

2) The song has an American, AYDY feel BECAUSE IT WAS MADE FOR AMERICA

that's just bullshit

^I wouldn't have paid 9€ for the single which I found from a 2nd hand store if the song was same as on the album...

Guys. The song was released pre-CD for an American CD released by a skateboarder.

Well that's just wishful thinking but I'm just hoping the album songs are violent and evil, powerful and aggressive. The chorus guitar in Tie My Rope is from the 2nd song on Naildown album World Domination ("Prolong Your Fate" if you wanna dc..) just 10 times worse.. I hope they re-record the song to sound more brutal and if the rest of the songs are like that, I won't stop listening to that album.

Me too. I think the rest will sound the same but if the new Sinergy sounds like that too, I might drink some bleach.

no please!let's rely on Sinergy to put a mindblowing album out where Alexi (and Roope,who,IMO,it's a slightly better than Alexi playing,too)put great tunes as they should.anyway,let's wait to see if the COB guys surprise us with the rest of the songs,even though the first one sounds worse than AYDY(which,even though I like as much as others,I recognise that was a total break with their old style).

I listened to it on CoB's myspace, and I must say that this song is the worst Bodom song I've ever heard.

I wish they would start writing more songs that sound similar to the ones on Hate Crew Deathroll or Follow the Reaper. Those albums are perfect from start to finish. Needled 24/7, Everytime I Die, Mask of Sanity, Follow the Reaper.....all of those songs in preticular are fucking perfect. I do like some songs off Are You Dead Yet, but as much as I hate to say it, I think Bodom is running out of ideas for new songs to write. That is the only reasoning I can think of as to why everytime a new Bodom album comes out, it keeps getting worse. They are still my favorite band, though.

I have mixed feelings on the song. I hate how it still geared toward the AYDY style with few simple riffs and melodic death type chuggs. At the same time it isn't completely mallcore sounding like In You Face with that pseudo Egyptian riff.

Alexi's vocals I have always liked, besides Hatebreeder. With the harsh, yet thrashy type vocals now, he has more character and feeling. The guitar lead over the chorus is a catchy hook that feels kinda metal at the same time, probably the best part of the song.

The solo sounds like a complete train wreck, as it seems like it goes into no particular direction at all but somehow it still suffers from the lazy use of a lick played twice to make it twice as long without writing anything new. The harmonization sounds good though.

Janne is hardly used at all, only throwing some random chords here in there with a shitload of standing around, doing nothing time. Its a real shame that he doesn't play advanced stuff anymore since he is my idol (I am learning to play keyboard).

Overall it is a improvment from AYDY in whole but is far from being great. The song is interesting enough and me, being a optimist when it comes to music, see this as a sign that the new album, though will be slowed down and nothing like the old stuff, will be a far greater album then AYDY. My only concern really is the lack of keyboard, it is even less than what he did in AYDY.

I have mixed feelings on the song. I hate how it still geared toward the AYDY style with few simple riffs and melodic death type chuggs. At the same time it isn't completely mallcore sounding like In You Face with that pseudo Egyptian riff.

I just heard In Your Face in a local disco and thought it sounded somehow more professional than Tie My Rope. They just need to stay serious.

Alexi's vocals I have always liked, besides Hatebreeder. With the harsh, yet thrashy type vocals now, he has more character and feeling. The guitar lead over the chorus is a catchy hook that feels kinda metal at the same time, probably the best part of the song.

Alexi's best vocals imo Tokyo Warhearts and Angels Don't Kill live vid IYF DVD. His current singing is a disaster. As for that guitar lead, it's stolen from Naildown song Prolong Your Fate and is 10 times worse.

The solo sounds like a complete train wreck, as it seems like it goes into no particular direction at all but somehow it still suffers from the lazy use of a lick played twice to make it twice as long without writing anything new. The harmonization sounds good though.

+1

Janne is hardly used at all, only throwing some random chords here in there with a shitload of standing around, doing nothing time. Its a real shame that he doesn't play advanced stuff anymore since he is my idol (I am learning to play keyboard).

Yea, they're wasting his talent. Janne should do a fucking lot of synth backgrounds, and the guitar sound should resemble more old Hypocrisy or In Flames or Swallow the Sun. Why can't they let go of the nintendo sounds.

Overall it is a improvment from AYDY in whole but is far from being great. The song is interesting enough and me, being a optimist when it comes to music, see this as a sign that the new album, though will be slowed down and nothing like the old stuff, will be a far greater album then AYDY. My only concern really is the lack of keyboard, it is even less than what he did in AYDY.

I simply think Bodom always do a better album than the latter. TMR is lacking a classical sound, it's like.. pop? It's still great, especially the intro is a total fucking kickass, but I want it to sound more evil.

1) I really don't think that the best quality of recording was done, and that will be better when they record for the CD.
2) The song has an American, AYDY feel BECAUSE IT WAS MADE FOR AMERICA.
3) Stop your guys's fucking complaining. It's one fucking song. Wait for the fucking album to come out before you judge it. And then, only then, if you still don't like the album, THEN flame it. I mean goddamn you guys are fucking acting like this one song decides the fate of bodom forever.

If Alexi were to read this, he'd be ashamed.

You can give your opinion about only ONE song, you know?