Listening to Opeth's Discography

What's the best way to listen to the entire Opeth discography?

• Total voters

soundave

Oct 13, 2005
MA
Some of these choices would require you to have all of Opeth stored as MP3's. You can vote for a way you normally do it, or a way you'd like to try. Hell, I don't care.

^ Nice One, I voted Other...

GR, then Orchid MR SL Del BWP MAYH...Damnation preferred on the live DVD.

I have one of those CD jukeboxes with 2 lazer pickups, un-interupted music...

:D

MP3's disturb the balance of my mind, not that it's well balanced to start with. o_O

I'll tell you bout it someday, check my AC recomendation in non Opeth chat. :oops:

as much as id like to listen to opeth from the orchid to GR, i usually listen to it on shuffle, as I only get 20 minute intervals of listening usually when im on the bus or something. But ideally im a chronologically from start to finish kinda guy. I like the progression, and listening to the differences between each of the albums. Cool thread!

^^ yea.. i sometimes get that feeling where i just need to listen to something else. But Opeth is still great to listen to in one go. If i had the time id listen to whole albums at a time, just cause one or two songs at a time really doesn't do a band justice

Well, I suppose it would depend on the situation. If someone was a computer bum like me, who just sits on a computer for 8+ hours a day and doesn't do much, chronological would be an okay idea, since I'm doing other things as well to preoccupy myself. However, if I planned on taking music with me to a place in a car ride or something of the sorts, I'd personally choose shuffling the songs around for the reasons I mentioned above. It's not that chronological is bad; it's just so predictable. :erk:

Personally I prefer to just pick one randomly.

Shuffle is what I chose. But I don't usually use it. 'Specially since all my Opeth are all in seperate folders. I just pick what I feel like listening, then just click on another.