little things that make you happy

ikeaboy said:
of course i'd eat you!, i like pancakes, yum yum all goes down well with tae!, ...so you better watch out, ikeaboy is in da house! :wave:

Gerrup ya good ting!!

PatPointingLargeImage.jpg

Ah! Happy new year! This is my first post after my Christmas vacation... I think.
So,the topic is :"Little things that make us happy."
Let's see...
*My new electric piano (it's not a little or cheap thing but it makes me happy). I only wish I could play better. That would make me happier (me and my family, neighbours etc.).
*Being home alone. This gives me the chance to sing loudly. Or locking myself in my family's cottage in Crete, where I can be as noisy as I want.
*Cutting the fat of the meat and throwing it away before cooking the meat. The redder the better!
*Playing Dungeons and Dragons with a good Dungeon Master. I've played some games which I will remember forever-or at least untill my brain is infected by Parkinson.
*Watching metal videos with hairy guys who bang their heads.
*Drawing.
*Dancing in a funny way with my friends.
*A good concert (like the ones of Anathema).It can make my happy for months!
*Telling jokes to a good company.
*Realising that most things in my life are ok.
And a lot of other little things.

a silent enigma said:
Why do you disagree?

Well, your initial comment sounded like you're disappointed about people's overuse of cynicism and sarcasm. I'm not even sure if this has necessarily to do with loss of innocence in the first place but with different senses of humour. Moreover, you can't really expect adults to be innocent in case they've been living a normal life. If you're lucky there's stubborn idealism. You listen to Anathema, chances are you've had your fair share of moments which didn't resemble the sweet scent of innocent morning dew, and I think it would simply be utopian and unfair to expect things of others that you can't offer yourself anymore.

my dying groom said:
Well, your initial comment sounded like you're disappointed about people's overuse of cynicism and sarcasm. I'm not even sure if this has necessarily to do with loss of innocence in the first place but with different senses of humour. Moreover, you can't really expect adults to be innocent in case they've been living a normal life. If you're lucky there's stubborn idealism. You listen to Anathema, chances are you've had your fair share of moments which didn't resemble the sweet scent of innocent morning dew, and I think it would simply be utopian and unfair to expect things of others that you can't offer yourself anymore.

You're right. I can't expect adults to exude any type of innocence because life slowly tears it away each year. I should know. I'm only 21 and I feel like I'm 30 something. When I was stating the use of cynicism and sarcasm, I wasn't necessarily disappointed with the fact that their innocence is lost. I was disappointed that they use these in a hurtful manner towards others (usually for no apparent reason). I too can be a cynic and sarcastic at times. But I try not to project it on to others very much. I was just upset at the fact that people are so mean to each other for no reason and it's refreshing when I find a genuine person that isn't spiteful or too nice. You don't need to be naive to be innocent and of course adults are neither but once in a while you find someone that displays a light and caring demeanor without the excess baggage or lies. I hope that made sense. :D

a_silent_enigma said:
You're right. I can't expect adults to exude any type of innocence because life slowly tears it away each year. I should know. I'm only 21 and I feel like I'm 30 something. When I was stating the use of cynicism and sarcasm, I wasn't necessarily disappointed with the fact that their innocence is lost. I was disappointed that they use these in a hurtful manner towards others (usually for no apparent reason). I too can be a cynic and sarcastic at times. But I try not to project it on to others very much. I was just upset at the fact that people are so mean to each other for no reason and it's refreshing when I find a genuine person that isn't spiteful or too nice. You don't need to be naive to be innocent and of course adults are neither but once in a while you find someone that displays a light and caring demeanor without the excess baggage or lies. I hope that made sense. :D
It makes perfect sense, I wouldn't know what to add :)

The fact that by the end of the weekend between today and yesterday, we will have made about $430 clear cash. And the fact that we possibly have a few more of these types of weekends that are just waiting to be turned into cash. And then, the BIG stuff is STILL left!

Oh, you know, things are looking pretty good this way.

AND I have work this semester as well. Excellent.