Live Apocalypse

outrageous

METAL MAIDEN
Nov 26, 2005
Richmond, Syd
www.myspace.com
Does anyone know when the Arch Enemy "Live Apocalypse" DVD is going to be released in Australia?

On music DVD's, what does everyone think about them? Are they a waste of time or a worth-while way of getting to know a band?

1 DVD is enough per band.

Deicides When london burns is good as just to see how Benton makes himself out to be a big Loser :lol: it's funny as fuck and i still respect the man :headbang: even though he actually used the word "ding dong" :p

Carpathian Forests We're going to hollywood for this is fucking great. Best sound ever, funny ass sicko Carpathian Forest dancers, Nattefrosts interview and tonnes of extras.

Judas Priests Electric EYE dvd is also one of the best with the great live show and all there video clips, which are worth the money on there own.

Behemoths dvd.. can't remember the name, is fucking mental. The band is doing a great job, Nurgal is going crazy on the mic as usual, and the crowd is..... doing nothing. It's fucked :zombie: like they hate the music or don't understand it or something haha.

Deaths Live and Raw is great, not much of a live show but the songs are enough to entertain. Richard Christy is going crazy, i'm sure he adds more to the songs on here, and the solo's are a specticle indeed.

Nocturnus dvd Farewell to planet earth is good for die hard fans but not for people just getting into Nocturnus, bad sound as it is just from the fans camera sent in to the band to form this dvd as they never recorded any shows. (can't remember if it's Mike or Sean... any way they are both great but one does more leads then the other) This guitarist is crazy, there is a solo every 2 seconds yet they don't go into wankery sessions, just add more to the song :headbang:

Iron Maiden dvds are always good, i got the vid clips one, and the newest one (death on the rod i think....) is wicked. We thought the fucke dup the mix as Murry's guitar was quiet as fuck, but it's because we didn't put it on 5.1 sound :p so look out for that if u had the same problem.

Yes Dvds are good to get to know a band better, but buying everyone they release is too "fan boy" for me, and paying more then $50 for one isn't worth it....

Depends on the band. Strapping Young Lad has an amazing DVD as does Amon Amarth. But too many by one band can be a problem. I like it if its a rare event or if a band releases many albums inbetween DVDs (See Nightwish, 2 DVDs both with almost completely different setlists).

Live Apocalypse is one I won't be getting. Not because I dislike Arch Enemy, I don't, I think they are brilliant, but because I've heard it and didn't like the quality too much and the songs arn't all ones I want to see live. It is too focused on Anthems of Rebellion... I don't like that album more than their others.

The Bringer said:
Live Apocalypse is one I won't be getting. Not because I dislike Arch Enemy, I don't, I think they are brilliant, but because I've heard it and didn't like the quality too much and the songs arn't all ones I want to see live. It is too focused on Anthems of Rebellion... I don't like that album more than their others.
Anthems of Rebellion is their best IMO