Another New Metallica Song "My Apocalypse"

You're forgetting the fact that Overkill and Testament have been releasing horrible music for well over a decade now.

I dont understand why other bands manage to update their old sound even after deciding to go back to their roots (Testament and Kreator for example) and Metallicas attempts feels so forced. I like this way more than St Anger but I have to say St Anger felt like a more true album for Metallica to do and the Loads definately did. This is trying to regain what they used to have i the past but they dont really manage to update their sound and they just arent able to write thrash riffs like they used to. Thus people will be disapointed.

This song seems forced. Also, the drums are annoying as hell. Lars has to be one of the shittiest drummers of all time.

Well he's not particulary good so even though he probably isnt one of the shittiest drummers ever he's definately one of the most overrated.

You're forgetting the fact that Overkill and Testament have been releasing horrible music for well over a decade now.

At least their sound is good!

Yeah, I will never understand how bands as great as Anthrax, Testament, Metallica and just one day wake up and stop writing great songs. They just churn out basic uninteresting crap.

I dont think anyone considers him a good drummer so how is he overrated?

There are so many people who claim he's one of the best drumers ever. There is also quite popular to claim that he once was good. Neither is true really they just cant differ great music from great musicians because they are fans. Its like when I was a kid and though every good song necessarily had to be hard to play because it was so good :p

Whatever. I like everything, including some metalcore sometimes.

I just can recognize that music has evolved and metal has become more beefy in terms of overall sound.

Overkill and Testament update their sound...can't be too hard. The new stuff just sounds thin.

tbh even I like metalcore sometimes so it was a very bad choice of words. I just get irritated with the 'fashion police'.

What do you mean by fashion police?

It's really simple to tell some bands have a very thin sound to them compared to others.

Like..some of Megadeth's newer stuff has good songs, but the production just sounds weak. It sounds like 80's and 90's metal. If they just would have used a beefier sound, it would sound updated.

There are so many people who claim he's one of the best drumers ever. There is also quite popular to claim that he once was good. Neither is true really they just cant differ great music from great musicians because they are fans. Its like when I was a kid and though every good song necessarily had to be hard to play because it was so good :p

If you don't think Lars' drumming on MOP and AJFA is good then you're deaf.