Another New Metallica Song "My Apocalypse"

If you don't think Lars' drumming on MOP and AJFA is good then you're deaf.

The thing is its not as hard to play wat Ulrich does as some people believe. Really there is no complexity to MoP for example. He did his job but always on the lower scale of things. I cant name one metal rummer in an established band that probably couldt do it alot better than Lars did.

AJFA is probably his greatest work though but I dunno how much of it he can play. Im guessing most of it but I know he has said that he never could play Dyers Eve for example. He's admitted to it in several interviews. The tracks on AJFA are severly clipped.

The strangest thing is that he isnt able to play double bass drums. Yes, there are those parts on cd's but its studio and clipped. Listen live and he's absolutely horrible. When he tries he just flat out fails and most often than not he doesnt even try and do the basic rock thing with the bass drum.

He has just been good in disguising that he has no real talent on the cd's. I dont doubt he's important to the band though. Seems like he had alot of ideas aout the structures of the songs and such.

Poor Metallica. The bitching will never end no matter what they do.

The bitching will never end as long as they stay together and release sub-par material. If they called it a day like they should have many years ago the bitching would calm down eventually.

This is trying to regain what they used to have i the past but they dont really manage to update their sound and they just arent able to write thrash riffs like they used to.

Which is strange considering how well they play the old stuff live these days.

The thing is its not as hard to play wat Ulrich does as some people believe. Really there is no complexity to MoP for example. He did his job but always on the lower scale of things. I cant name one metal rummer in an established band that probably couldt do it alot better than Lars did.

AJFA is probably his greatest work though but I dunno how much of it he can play. Im guessing most of it but I know he has said that he never could play Dyers Eve for example. He's admitted to it in several interviews. The tracks on AJFA are severly clipped.

The strangest thing is that he isnt able to play double bass drums. Yes, there are those parts on cd's but its studio and clipped. Listen live and he's absolutely horrible. When he tries he just flat out fails and most often than not he doesnt even try and do the basic rock thing with the bass drum.

He has just been good in disguising that he has no real talent on the cd's. I dont doubt he's important to the band though. Seems like he had alot of ideas aout the structures of the songs and such.

I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one. If you've ever watched Live Shit: Binge and Purge, you'd know that Lars can and has played all of his more intricate double bass grooves just fine. Whether he can play them nowdays is completely irrelevant.

As for the "clipped" recordings, who cares? Bands do all kinds of crazy shit to make themselves or their songs sound cooler. I see no problem with this.

I'm going to have to call bullshit on this one. If you've ever watched Live Shit: Binge and Purge, you'd know that Lars can and has played all of his more intricate double bass grooves just fine. Whether he can play them nowdays is completely irrelevant.

As for the "clipped" recordings, who cares? Bands do all kinds of crazy shit to make themselves or their songs sound cooler. I see no problem with this.

I never said he never could play them at all. However he has been sucking since the 90'ies or around that time plus the stuff he plays on the cd's isnt that hard to begin with. people seem to think he's amazing just because he can play metallica songs. As for binge and purge I will have to look into that. Im not sure if that one has overlays or not.

And on the clipped recording in the studio - yeah most bands use them. Heck my band use them and Im clipped to death on some stuff. What I was against was Dyers Eve in particular because while it sounds good Lars has admitted to _never_ being able to play that song. Other bands clipp stuff to get the very best takes. Lars and the producer was clipping tiny parts so that it would sound like Lars could play something he couldnt. See the difference?

Now over the weekend Im gonna find some bootlegs of Metallica playing some faster stuff and I will examine how good or bad Lars is doing the stuff. I will return and tell you all what I found. Did this once before a long time ago when someone claimed Lars was a great drummer. The bootlegs usually tell a different story :p

Other bands clipp stuff to get the very best takes. Lars and the producer was clipping tiny parts so that it would sound like Lars could play something he couldnt. See the difference?

Now this is indeed true. I've heard this many times, & this is especially true for Justice. I even saw an interview where Lars said he toned it down on The Black Album because he no longer cared about being the best drummer in the world anymore :lol: The only reason many of his parts were so great on that album was fropm all the clipping. I don't deny that he coould come up with some very good & fitting drum parts though. Where guys like Kolias play so fast your eyes explode, you can air drum to Lars's shit.