New Metallica album tracklisting

I highly doubt the Lord of Darkness could put out trash like Selloutica, even if he tried. I don't think Satan would write bad metal or possess someone to crank out material destined for the used-and-never-to-be-re-purchased section of the record store.

Then again, doing so is very evil. Thus Satan-like.

Unless anita_job means that Metallica is greater and more evil than Satan.

That one might hurt. :erk:

Thanks.
Wow, that's one song that goes downhill fast. And it's got a lot of time to keep doing so after what would be rock bottom for any regular band.

See, you all have to admit punk music listeners like me at least are off the hook after 3 minutes stuck with a bad idea. This shit never ends. Whatever possesses you to string together 2 minutes of a decent (although trite) melodic guitar, 4 minutes of same-old same-old metal/ song people got bored with in 1991, then 3 more bloody minutes of instrumental wankery under the pretense that, well, that's FAST wankery.

Wankery? No you idiot, THIS is wankery:

What metallica does is pathetic, Kirk hammet is the worst lead guitarist to ever be acknowledged as decent that I can think off.

Last edited by a moderator:
What metallica does is pathetic, Kirk hammet is the worst lead guitarist to ever be acknowledged as decent that I can think off.

Hammet did the same shit on every single song on every album from Kill 'Em All to Justice, and it only fit maybe 2-3 times. He was almost as over-rated as Lars, who only seems to be able to do one beat. That man should've stuck to tennis.

And the album should be called Some Kind of Monstrosity.

Completely agree with Children of Bodom. And with anita job.

However I don't get how Opeth is WANKERY. Self indulgent and self aggrandizing composing perhaps, but takes no talent to play. We need to define terms here: by wankery I'd define now as it follows:

"To hurt a musical composition by using unnecessary, technically difficult parts often expressing little or nothing and 'thus not really considered music"

Were as by pretentiousness ( in music ) I would say

"To hurt a musical composition by using unnecessary, theoretically complex parts often expressing little or nothing at all 'thus not really considered music"

So to review with youtube

Wankery:

Pretentiousness:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bLyNfr_s48&feature=related[/ame]

Both Wankery and pretentiousness at the same time:

Last edited by a moderator:
Eloquent enough to stick by those definitions, I say. ;)
All things considered, it's just as well that we agree the new Metallica's a disgrace. I particularly appreciate the opinion because I know for most of us on this forum it doesn't come from prejudiced hate against has-beens, or from jumping on the "Metallica suck because" bandwagon.
I've never been a fan, but I'd listen to anything decent with an open mind/ear. The music is just abysmal, period.

Hammet did the same shit on every single song on every album from Kill 'Em All to Justice, and it only fit maybe 2-3 times. He was almost as over-rated as Lars, who only seems to be able to do one beat. That man should've stuck to tennis.

And the album should be called Some Kind of Monstrosity.

hammet also makes quite a lot of mistakes live, for example, he cant play the solo from seek and destroy correctly most of the time ^^

Thats just sad, is not like Kirk is attempting something so difficult he should get a pity applause like Herman Lee when he falls flat on his ass live, the man is playing blues licks so simple amputees with 2 fingers on each hand can probably pull them off.

Thats just sad, is not like Kirk is attempting something so difficult he should get a pity applause like Herman Lee when he falls flat on his ass live, the man is playing blues licks so simple amputees with 2 fingers on each hand can probably pull them off.

How dare you insult the 2 finger amputee community by saying that even Kirk Hammett could play licks just like them! I demand an immediate apology!!

:lol:

To sum it up, 'tallica's latest effort is going to sell shite loads. the mall rats are going to lap it up like hungry kittens in a milk factory. the old school fans will head home, slip out ride the lightning and feel a little better about not just 'tallica, but 2k's heavy metal in general.

eeeh does Opeth not require talent to play?

Did anybody really think that metallicas new album would be worth listening to? I think if u have seen some kind of monster, its clear that those selfcentered assholes never will release anything decent again. Simply because there is no creative energy/dynamic/whatever u want to call it, left, to me Metallica seems like a hopeless relationship that has carried on way too long and lost its passion and meaning long time ago, but it carries on just because the world around them keeps telling them how fucking good they are. My apologies if this sounded totally cheeky.

i never expected the album to be great. i found it horrible, it is commercial uninspired crap and Hetfield sings dreadfully on it. One of the songs has a riff that actually soounds like a rip off of Master Of Puppets, but a lot worse.
They should really retire now.