"Live Consternation" Review

I recieved it today. Awesomd dvd:worship: unfortunately the case got smashed in the mail but:cry:

Sorry to hear your case got smashed man D= I would be gutted. I got mine too (also live in aus), god damn amazing. :kickass:

I still don't have it, funny that Swany who lives in Germany got it already some days ago and I don't.. even though I pre-ordered it weeks ago, so then I assume my copy was sent out at the same time. I hate it when I already see it in the shops (I saw it there already last week) and I can't buy it, because I have it coming in the mail..
Same here. I suppose you saw the album in the Boudisque shop? :) I held it in my hands for a moment, and lay it back down with a sigh.

I sort of assume they are gonna record it this fall. So a release in january-march shouldn't be too unlikely.

Hmmm, I don't know, didn't Blakkie write that the new album is planned to be released then? So actually I'm hoping for a christmas release or something...
If not I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer...

I'm hoping new album first then the dvd...There's been people that have been with Katatonia for their whole existence...Waiting and waiting for some kind of full length DVD...I think we can wait a little longer. It's going to be perfect. Waiting for perfection is fine by me :D

I'm hoping new album first then the dvd...There's been people that have been with Katatonia for their whole existence...Waiting and waiting for some kind of full length DVD...I think we can wait a little longer. It's going to be perfect. Waiting for perfection is fine by me :D

Oh yes, I can wait too, but I don't know if the case is the longer the wait, the better the dvd... We'll see, eventually :)

Hmmm, I don't know, didn't Blakkie write that the new album is planned to be released then? So actually I'm hoping for a christmas release or something...
If not I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer...
Myeeah... he hasn't exactly said it straight out that the new album is going to be released within then. Hard to say... i just hope one of the two will come out in not too long. The live album didn't really satisfy my cravings.. It just left me wanting more very soon... :p

Just got mine today, haven't had time to watch it yet. I have to say, I've never seen packaging like this before. ;)

Moonsorrow's new album has the same kind of case.

Bought it today, and I'm actually expecting one in my mail soon, I couldn't wait... :oops: I'm sure some friend is interested in that extra copy.
I just watched it and it rocks. It's much better than the previous one. Right into the Bliss is perfect, and I enjoyed Cold Ways too. I'm not happy with their choice to include Wealth and Criminals, there are WAY better songs, but all in all I can't complain with this DVD.
And it's got Swany action ;)

Well, in the shops around here that album is just a normal jewel case. :)

Having listened to the audio and watched most of this DVD, I'm quite pleased, a very good performance.

I listened to the cd once this afternoon and watched the dvd once, so here's my opinion:

The show is really played excellent, amazing vocals by Jonas and Anders backs him up really well. All the members play the right notes and I can't recall a single fuck-up. The only problem in katatonia's play is that not every song is very steadily played concerning the tempo.
It's a great show overall and I like the older songs (had to (leave), right into the bliss(wooooow), etc.) better then they were recorded on cd... Which is really a big prestation!

Now for the visual part. If anyone has seen "were you there" by anathema; I want a katatonia dvd to be more like that; so more atmospherical shots, smoother filming and longer shots. In live consternation there were too much unnecesarily used effects like the black and white, slo-mo's and those things in the end of deliberation (have no idea how to call that).
Those effects seemed too random for me. However if you put those effects on right places with much care it can turn out really good and extend the musical worth of a dvd.
I personally don't like it if there's much effects in there while the band is playing. Playing with sharpness (so blurs and stuff) is one of the things that I don't mind then. but basically I want to see what the band is playing. So I really dislike it when the drummer for example is playing a nice part and you're looking at him playing some random slo-mo parts...

Overall it was pretty nice, but I think it can be quite a bit better

got it today! have just come home and i'm excited as hell! looking forward to see Swany, Cis, ether, CliffBurton and myself in action!!!