"The Roundhouse Tapes" Review

Wait, stop! Now don't get wet, and don't touch your pants! "The Roundhouse Tapes" is not a new studio-output of Progressive-Death-Metal-heroes Opeth, but "just" a live-recording of a gig from November 9th 2006, recorded at the Camden roundhouse in London, in the course of their "Ghost Reveries"-tour.

But this double-CD is still a good reason to be excited-, the band presents itself in its top form. Though you can't see them, you can hear their enjoyment with their music. The production is brilliant, the sound crystal-clear and everything perfectly distinguishable. Mikael Akerfeldt is as usual great with his vocals and delivers dry-as-dust humorous announcements. Specifically watch out for the announcement for "Under The Weeping Moon". Hilarious! As you should be able to tell at the latest now, the Swedes cover up their entire spectrum of creative work, beginning with their first output "Orchid", from which the just mentioned song originates, to "Blackwater Park", as far as, obviously, "Ghost Reveries". This output should provide something for every fan. Whoever hasn't seen Opeth live yet, has definitely missed out on something, but gets a good impression with "The Roundhouse Tapes" what you can expect from an Opeth-gig.

I suck at translating but whatever

http://www.metal1.info/reviews/reviews.php?rev_id=2523

translation by google:

Sometimes it just needs a live album his fans to be happy about. That thought also of the Swedish Death-Progger Opeth. 2004, a DVD with the name "Lamentations", but there is limited almost solely to track the then current album "Damnation" and "Deliverance." Well, in 2007, published a full OPETH, 95-minute live album with the name "The Round House Tapes." Recorded in London Roundhouse. A beautiful location, the man from the beginning of 2008, also on a further review DVD. Because then the same appearance as a DVD again. The double CD appears in a beautiful Digi-Pack.

One must OPETH yes; Their music enchants. At least on the studio albums! And the guys who ever could live, it can also heads say that there still live bombastic. Perfectionist Mikael Akerfeldt has of course a Sahne-Setlist shaken out of the sleeves, and there were songs played, which one does not often hear live. And thanks to God, haut Mr. Akerfeldt again be a little joke between songs raus!

Despite a new Drummers, (drummer Martin), can we really say that the songs in every respect perfectly played. Both bomb like the opener "When 'or slower songs like" Window Pane "listen very good and authentic. If you know the songs, and to respect what and whether Martin Drumming has changed so, we see that a few parts in different songs were played differently than on the respective studio album, which is not meant to be negative. Otherwise, all instruments come over very well, and sometimes we forget that there are already a live album is to be re-hear the cheering crowd. The material from the current album, "Ghost Reveries" is also credible played, and the voice of Mikael is with "Ghost Of Perdition" as called for in no other song. But he also copes with flying! The highlight of the presentation is quite clear the song "Under The Weeping Moon" from the first album, "Orchid", which came out in 1995, when the band still at "Candlelight Records" under the contract. Although the lyrics of this piece, in the opinion of frontman, "Full Metal Black nonsense"!

"The Round pants Tapes" is a must (!) For every Opeth-Fan. But for those who want to be there sometimes. Here, I get a very good selection of songs from 20 years of Band-career. OPETH proves once again that it is also something really live it, and perfectly mastered their instruments. Who OPETH still not allowed to live, and this little band can be interesting, should this quickly. " There's already a small taste of what to expect. Spins on the boxes, there you go!

alright, from the slight taste I've taken, it sounds great! can't wait to buy it already.
speaking of buying it, I'm going to Finland real soon and I was wondering if there're any finns who can recommend me of a place to buy it.
thanks in advance.