Roundhouse Tapes review

so when he says on stage, "This song has some lyrics that are absolute black metal nonsense..." is he just kinda poking fun at himself? i can't imagine him labeling himself that.

also, i usually do some fact checking on allmusic.com and they have "Death Metal/ Black Metal" among a few other genres. so, it seemed ok. sorry about that. I updated the piece and removed "black metal" and replaced with progressive death metal. thank you very much for your input.

-mark

i suppose it is an easy mistake to make if you havent listened to much black metal. I could easily see why someone would think it was black metal without hearing something like bathory or Venom or amebix etc etc because it just sounds like opeth would fit that catergory without hearing much of the genre. and judging by the other reviews it doesnt look like there is much more of the metal genre being reviewed. Still, its expected that most people on the board would prompt this small detail as some sort of insult

i suppose it is an easy mistake to make if you havent listened to much black metal. I could easily see why someone would think it was black metal without hearing something like bathory or Venom or amebix etc etc because it just sounds like opeth would fit that catergory without hearing much of the genre. and judging by the other reviews it doesnt look like there is much more of the metal genre being reviewed. Still, its expected that most people on the board would prompt this small detail as some sort of insult

i totally hear what you're saying, and by no means was my writer trying to be insulting :)

thanks again for your help.

-mark

The video works fine for me.

thanks for checking that PE. it was working for me too, but i haven't had the chance ask anyone else to verify it. i'll have to check it often to make sure that doesn't get taken down.

-mz-

I've never heard anyone during a live performance speak so calmly and matter-of-factly to an audience before. Especially strange is that this is during a death-metal concert where you'd anticipate the energy of the performers (and the singer especially) to be rather maleficent. He talks with the audience, basically introducing each next song, but with a casualness that is disarming. As if we were sitting in the living room of his castle back in Sweden listening to this performance. I almost picture him sitting on a settee with his feet on an ottoman, smoking a pipe and wearing a smoking jacket, his voice is so debonair and sophisticated.
I love that whole paragraph.

And the part about Mikael in the jacket will be photoshopped by month's end, won't it?

Yeah the review is more subjective than objective.....his fanboi-ism has infiltrated into what could have been a nice piece of objective read.....o well.....i guess we're all guilty ......PEAC EOUT