Live Everygrey Cd, Thoughts?

Stoink

Feb 23, 2005
Kansas
I picked up the live Evergrey cd today called a A Night to Remeber and I was just seeing what everyone thought of it that has heard it. I was expecting better sound quality, but overall I thought the cd was very good. I wish that the choir would have been used more and the string instruments heard more. Those were the only faults with the cd though. I only have Inner Circle, and I was kind of skeptical about buying the live cd before I had the rest. I think that I probably should have bought previous releases first, I think that I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more. I guess I know for future live cds. However the Gamma Ray live one was the very first one I bought from the Gamma Ray catalog because I read a review that said it was almost as good as Alive In Athens, which in my opinion is the best live cd ever Alive in Athens that is. Oh well, I am sure it will grow on me more.

I'm currently listening to that cd at work right now. Sounds very good, I cannot wait for the dvd to come out now!

I found this cd by accident at a local store here, so of course I had to hunt down the person that orders the metal section and praise him on what he had there. He even had the new Therion in stock.

Cool that Western NY has a store that somewhat on the ball (ha ha).

I have listened to a couple more times and I will agree that it is awesome. I think that I was just in a weird mood when I listened to it, it was like I didnt want to listen to metal. It was defintely weird.

I think that it is really good. The perfectionist in me wants it to sound a wee bit crisper than it does, but that's just a minor complaint. I think that there is some great stuff on there, and the choir sounds amazing. Incedentally, to those who have this already, do you realize the one dude of the three is Andy Endburg from the band Lions Share? That guy does have a great voice!

The only thing I worry about is the next time I see Evergrey live, will those songs sound empty without those backing vocals, as I'm sure those three won't be going out on tour every time with them.