Live On The Edge Of Forever 2 CD (LIVE)

Marre79

Metal,& only Metal
Would't it be awesome if they could somehow played the whole "V" album live on CD1 ? I was so disapointed when there was no "Rediscovery". Like Dream Theater made the DVD of the show they played in New York (whole album of Metropolis 2000: Scenes From A Memory) ???

Well, gues I have to hope they will make a LIVE DVD too...

yea, to tell ya the truth LOTOF is probably the best live album IMO, many none hard-core Syx fans agree with me, u get most of V in the first CD plus some wicked solo stuff and a nice candlelight part and also eyes of medusa, and as if that wasnt enough there is DWOT and TTLG in the next disc wooooh

Smoke and what????????????

I was a little dissapointed that they played most of V. Certain songs (Bird-Serpent War, Transendance, etc.) seemed like filler - I would have rather they did The Edge Of Forever, Out Of The Ashes or The Accolade. But since DWOT is on disc 2, I'm not complaining...

Marre79 said:
Would't it be awesome if they could somehow played the whole "V" album live on CD1 ? I was so disapointed when there was no "Rediscovery". Like Dream Theater made the DVD of the show they played in New York (whole album of Metropolis 2000: Scenes From A Memory) ???

Well, gues I have to hope they will make a LIVE DVD too...

While a complete version of V would have been great, Consider what it would have done to the rest of their show. I'll use Dream Theater as an example since you brought them up. For one full leg of the Scenes tour, they played the complete SFAM disc live, but after that they played 2 songs for the encore and that was it. And of those 2 songs, you really only get one because the second one was a medley of tunes.

While I saw that show, and thought that it was great to see, it also left me wanting something a bit more proper and song oriented. The second leg of the tour was just that and was quite enjoyble.

Glenn

I saw a show on that DT tour too, and was very disappointed, mostly because I wasn't familiar with the Scenes album. Thankfully they came back and played more good songs. With SymX it would be different, since I know and love everything on V...but I'm glad it was done the way it was.

it doesnt get much better than this album for going live. personally i absolutely LOVE church of the machine live whereas the studio version not so much. i just love this album so much..sniffles.. i listen to it most of all out of the syx albums.

MorphineChild205 said:
I was a little dissapointed that they played most of V. Certain songs (Bird-Serpent War, Transendance, etc.) seemed like filler - I would have rather they did The Edge Of Forever, Out Of The Ashes or The Accolade. But since DWOT is on disc 2, I'm not complaining...

I could not agree with you more :D

SilentRealm said:
personally i absolutely LOVE church of the machine live whereas the studio version not so much.

I completely agree with you. I think the coolest part is how Lepond changed all the old basslines and made them much better (particularly in the verses). He also did this in many parts of Through The Looking Glass and The Divine Wings Of Tragedy - the bassline under the first vocal section of the latter really sticks out to me.