Live Opeth Album In The Future?

Brainworm

New Metal Member
Apr 30, 2001
Istanbul
Visit site
Do you know something about this? Heard somewhere about a live album? I heard some live recordings called "Live In Milwaukee"... do you know about this? Will there be a world wide official live album?

The Milwaukee recordings are just bootlegs that sound like shit. There were mp3s from it floating around Napster a number of months ago, but it's nothing I'd go search for.

I had hoped they'd record the House of Blues show that Opeth played a few weeks ago - I know the sound/video there is completely pro.. Probably didn't happen tho.

Actually someone did tape the House of Blues show and he's got it on ebay a couple times now. I don't know the quality but he's done a nicelookin bootleg cd cover for it, etc. It looks pretty cool but I'm not much into that because I first thought it was a video and I was so excited, but then then realizing it was a cd was a letdown for me. But still, it may be cool.

Do you think they (the actual venue) taped it? I was at that show -- which was amazing -- and if anyone's been there before they know that you can watch the performance on tv's and stuff around the venue. The sound at this place is incredible, as is the lighting and everything else. I need an Opeth bootleg video!!

Kevin

I get the feeling the cd was just taped by "someone" not the venue. Therefore I don't know about the quality. But I know what you mean about the House of Blues. I was at the gig too, and it was incredible!! HoB absolutely is a pure pleasure to be at, it's beautiful and EVERYTHING is killer at that place!!

About a video, I saw the tv monitors playing it too, so obviously it could have been possible to tape it. I had mentioned to Mikael that I saw it on ebay (at the time I was confused and thinking the boot on ebay was a video, which its not, it's audio) but he commented that it was strange since he tried to get a video of the gig and even HE couldn't get it, so he couldn't believe it was on ebay. (Now I've got you all confusion, right!?) :D

Anyway, here's hoping that a few videos (of ANY gig) start surfacing soon or throughout the tour!

Live albums tend to be crap. They are almost always just bad sound quality versions of album songs. It's just an easy way to make some extra money for a band. And it's also sort of pointless in my opinion. Isn't the whole point of the "live" thing to go SEE them?

I've never heard a live album that was worth buying anyway, and I hope Opeth will continue to put out quality (studio) material and no crappy live compilation albums that people just buy because they want to collect everything Opeth ever made and not because the album is actually good.

So eh, no.