Do you agree?

• You may love the robotic appearances of the band

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • You may prefer the watch Ozzyish creatures on the platform

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Scorpion
I*m a real Opeth FANATIC but I have to say I*m alittle disappointed with live performance of Opeth.Not technical heh mimical performance with body language.They are a little rookie*bout using their mimics*n body language.:D They*re great in playing but have to learn a lot from Ozzy to control the crowd.If they try to watch one or more concerts of Ozzy they*ll learn much to transform audiences into roaring beasts:mad: Not a bad idea ha?Agreed?:cool: I advice
barking to the moon NOTE:I*m listening to blackwater park*n I think it*s the greatest album I*ve ever listened even beter than deliverance;)

Oh man you're really mad.You had the chance to see Opeth live and you're murmuring'bout their appearance on the stage.Don't you feel the difference and greatness on their music?I'd give all of my money to see them in Istanbul,but it's just a dream for now.May be after 15 years when I will be about 40 years old.I think it's not an easy job to play a 10 minutes long song correctly in front of the crowd.You're swimming in worthless details.

I suppose there's specific etiquette as to when headbanging is appropriate onstage.

1. Only while shredding, thrashing or soloing. Never while strumming, plucking, or harmonizing.

2. At least 3 feet back from the microphone. Knocking yourself unconscious isn't very METAL.

3. Only in a circlular, or up-and-down motion. None of this drooping your head and lightly shaking.

4. Don't hide behind your manly locks. If the audience is TR00 they will appreciate and respect your hideousness (hideosity?).

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Sorry - I disagree with you. True Opethians need nothing but the music - no pomp, no circumstance.

First off, not that I completely disagree with you, but dont fucking tell me what "true Opeth fans" need and dont need. Fuck you.

Second, when I first saw Opeth opening for Nevermore, I thought they ABSOLUTELY SUCKED ASS. I booed them. I told them to get off the stage. I had never heard anything of their before, had no idea what they were about. All I knew was that they were the last band keeping my beloved Nevermore from playing their set, so I could kill people in the pit.

So this Opeth band comes on and plays this mid tempo garbage. They stood still, and played this mellow metal crap, which I DID NOT want to hear at that point. I wanted to bust heads, and this clearly was not going to happen to these mannequins on stage. I thought they sucked, and I wanted them to stop everything they were doing, crawl into a hole and die. At this point, I hated Opeth.

However, as I'm not nearly as ignorant I just sounded in that very slightly exaggerated rant just there :p I bought one of their albums, and slowly but surely realized that these guys not only knew what they were doing, but totally revolutionized a dying form of music. At the NYC show, they were amazing, captivating, and mesmerizing.

But as a non fan, who wasn't familiar with anything pertaining to the band whatsoever, I thought they flat out blew.

While I now love the fact that, live, they get up, do their thing with no bullshit, I have no problem understanding a person that thinks their live presence is subpar, because looking objectively, it really is. Not that there's anything wrong with that, Opeth is a no bullshit band.

Can you honestly imagine sitting through a 90 minute Opeth set without knowing a single note? How long did it take you to get into the band in the first place? I know VERY few people that loved Opeth upon first listen... I sure didn't.

I havn't seen Opeth live yet but will hopefully this year.. Even if i'm somewhat dissapointed at them live (which I highly doubt) they still are a fucking talented band and it won't change my opinion on how great they are.

Well you can have all the bloody stage presence you want but when the music/vocals are subpar i think ill forego the stage presence.
In Ozzy's case it's a matter of style over substance

Originally posted by ffanatic
Actually, there would be no Opeth if there was no Camel.

Haa haa haaa :mad: !!!Dear grand grand child of Aristo,I don't know the worth of a camel to your side, it may be holy to you ,but everybody knows except you that Ozzy is the main factor to lead the music industry to support heavy metal with his great number of sold albums.I'm not comparing their sounds, I'm telling that Black Sabbath opened the way on which today's heavy metal bands walk.Ozzy ,with his extraordiary charisma ,was the first advertiser of heavy metal who made the world know it.That took the attentions of music companies.That's why Ozzfest Festival is organised every year.If there was no Ozzy ,companies would not spend money on heavy metal as they do today.If you had said 'there'd be no Opeth if there was no Anathema', it'd be a little logical cos the effects of Anathema on Opeth is very clear.:lol:

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
Well you can have all the bloody stage presence you want but when the music/vocals are subpar i think ill forego the stage presence.
In Ozzy's case it's a matter of style over substance

I think a concert is nothing with a good stage performance.
In Ozzy's case I agree their styles are quite different, I've meant that Ozzy is a perfect communicater with his crowd and knows when to headbang, he's also the leader which opened the gate of money to today's heavy metal bands.

Originally posted by flip`
I havn't seen Opeth live yet but will hopefully this year.. Even if i'm somewhat dissapointed at them live (which I highly doubt) they still are a fucking talented band and it won't change my opinion on how great they are.

and if you can, tell Mikael not to headbang; if you can't ,try not to look at him while playing a solo, otherwise, your concentration will be f*ck*d up and you'll start loughing hehe

Originally posted by Brooks
First off, not that I completely disagree with you, but dont fucking tell me what "true Opeth fans" need and dont need. Fuck you.

Second, when I first saw Opeth opening for Nevermore, I thought they ABSOLUTELY SUCKED ASS. I booed them. I told them to get off the stage. I had never heard anything of their before, had no idea what they were about. All I knew was that they were the last band keeping my beloved Nevermore from playing their set, so I could kill people in the pit.

So this Opeth band comes on and plays this mid tempo garbage. They stood still, and played this mellow metal crap, which I DID NOT want to hear at that point. I wanted to bust heads, and this clearly was not going to happen to these mannequins on stage. I thought they sucked, and I wanted them to stop everything they were doing, crawl into a hole and die. At this point, I hated Opeth.

However, as I'm not nearly as ignorant I just sounded in that very slightly exaggerated rant just there :p I bought one of their albums, and slowly but surely realized that these guys not only knew what they were doing, but totally revolutionized a dying form of music. At the NYC show, they were amazing, captivating, and mesmerizing.

But as a non fan, who wasn't familiar with anything pertaining to the band whatsoever, I thought they flat out blew.

While I now love the fact that, live, they get up, do their thing with no bullshit, I have no problem understanding a person that thinks their live presence is subpar, because looking objectively, it really is. Not that there's anything wrong with that, Opeth is a no bullshit band.

Can you honestly imagine sitting through a 90 minute Opeth set without knowing a single note? How long did it take you to get into the band in the first place? I know VERY few people that loved Opeth upon first listen... I sure didn't.

agreed word by word

Originally posted by Cenghis Khan
Oh man you're really mad.You had the chance to see Opeth live and you're murmuring'bout their appearance on the stage.Don't you feel the difference and greatness on their music?I'd give all of my money to see them in Istanbul,but it's just a dream for now.May be after 15 years when I will be about 40 years old.I think it's not an easy job to play a 10 minutes long song correctly in front of the crowd.You're swimming in worthless details.

Having a great sound does not mean you cannot be critisized.I don't beleive Mike swears me because of my critics.I m trying to make Opeth a worldwide band with a great stage performance.
I think it doesn't take 15 years for Opeth to come Istanbul.I've heard even Rotting Christ, Destruction and Apocalyptica have given concerts there.After seeing'em I'm sure even you'll make critics.;)

I saw them live on the blackwater tour and left before the gig was over for a chinese meal...they were'nt bad but looking at the dough boy singer made me hungry, when i came back they were still doing the same guitar solo

Originally posted by Bambi
I saw them live on the blackwater tour and left before the gig was over for a chinese meal...they were'nt bad but looking at the dough boy singer made me hungry, when i came back they were still doing the same guitar solo

You're not a headbenger, are you

its only addictive if you're a 'tard :lol:

oh right, i get it I'm not *METAL*

my first gig was metallica '88 how bout uuu "headbanger"?? :O