Live Rap Music

karrokid

freelance jackass
Feb 12, 2005
nashville
sucks ass,
i just was watching jimmy kimmel and ludicrap came on. why do people go crazy when rappers come out on stage. the shit is fucking lame. anything that was almost in key in the studio is not even in the ball park on stage.
i'm not a big rap fan to begin with but, i can give credit to anybody who has great live chops. from the solo acoustic singer to a full on drum and bugle corp but, these guys just suck hard. i mean your singing over a studio recorded track. it's fucking kareokee in a concert arena and you still suck.
at least they give 10 jobs to their out of work friends who all come out and grab their dicks and yell "woah" and "hey" into the microphones (all out of sink with each other).
give these assholes in the crowd some anthrax tickets so they can see what live music is supposed to sound like and how to entertain a crowd without your hand constantly on your crotch. another generation of culturally void people eating up what ever crap is served to them.

just my 2 cents. i'm in a bad mood as you can tell.

Fucking A. Agree 100%.

You could argue the prodigy do something similar, but shit, they have guitars, drums and Liam on the synth stuff - one of the best live experiences I've seen. Insane.

Some of hese guys are pretty good. But I agree.... 99.9% of the time these guys suck Monkey balls on the stage.
The BeastieBoys however was one of THE best shows I've EVER seen in my life.
defyauch_3.gif

also, the new DVD "Awesome I Fuckin' Shot That" is a freakin' cool concept.

I saw Ice Cube at the 2nd lollapalooza festival. All I remember is my head aching from the bass and checking over and over again to make sure my sneakers weren't stolen.

I went to Lollapalooza to see Tool and Snoop Dogg was also there. Holy shit did he suck. He played "Whats My Name" three times in a row:ill: The crowd was all but booing him off the stage. Luckily, Tool came out shortly after and opened with "No Quarter":headbang:

i know there is a few acts that can do the live thing. i remember ll cool j unplugged i thought that was pretty good but, yeah anybody who came out in the last 10 or so years sucks live. all fucking studio magic. makes you wonder how many takes in the studio they have to do. i want mtv cribs to do a where are they now on some of these bling wearing dudes in 10 years .

why is puff daddy's company called bad boy entertainment ?
there isn't anything bad about him. it's like when hammer tried to go gangsta.
the old saying "you can't make polish a turd" dosn't apply to the entertainment world.

Rap now a days does suck ass. I unfortunately was at a taping of the Sharon Bitch show and saw Little John and his group and they were so fucking stoned I kept laughing to myself the music? was god awful. We sat thru a test run then they had to take a break :Smokin: and come back and record it for a future show.

Now PE back in the day with thrax was the shit. Great show. The Old School Rap I like :headbang: the new stuff :ill:

Saw the Roots in Detroit. They were pretty damn good too. Rahzel is the shit! Man, I am starting to sound like I listen to rap all the time:lol: Excuse me, I have to go throw my Autopsy cd in the player right away:lol:

Not a big rap fan myself. I saw Eminem at Glasgow Green a few years back when he headlined the Gig on the Green. But he was a by product of seeing The Queens and (gulp) Marilyn Manson!!!! (Queens on Rated R and Manson on Holywood!) Both great shows!!!

Have to say I enjoyed Eminem despite not liking much of his music, the odd single or 2. He put on a good show regardless of what you think of "live" rap music!

Live, I don;t make a point. But on record it;s not bad. But give me PE or NWA any day of the week!!!! Something with a bit of balls!!!!