Live recording

Apr 24, 2008
Hi guys,
I'm doing FOH on an "accappella" gig next weekend and the choir decided to also do a live recording. Know I'm wondering how i should manage the different songs. I most definitely won't have to time to open a new project on every new Song. So I'll probably just have one Project, but I wonder if i should just record the whole gig as one Take and cut out the different songs later or if i should do a new take every song.
So what do you do when recording concerts/gig etc???
Keep it coming!
greetz
Jan

Ask if the mixer has outputs available for you...last time I had to record a live show in a big venue the mixer didn't have outputs but only L-R out.
If it's ok, open your project and record the whole show into it, with latency maxed

Just record it all in one go man.
Make sure you know the setup ahead of time, nothing worse than turning up to find the desk doesnt have direct outs as XeS says.
Switch off any unnecessary stuff on your rig, wireless cards, anti virus etc etc.
Keep the latency etc high.
Leave plenty of headroom.

Thanks for the answers guys. I guess i'll do the show as a whole then.
About the mixer, it's only an Soundcraft spirit M which is property of the choir, like the whole PA. Really small but it does it's Job for these kind of events. And it has Direct Outs on all Mono channels.
So Setupt will be
8 mics->Soundcraft->DirectOut->Motu 8 pre
I've already used this kind of setup, as we have the same mixer at the rehearsing space of my band, to record our rehearsals and demo stuff.
thx again :headbang: