Live samples - On a budget....How?

16S

all gods fail...
Apr 14, 2007
Reading, UK
Hi,

Whats the cheapest way to trigger samples live? I have an electronic kit with pads so i was hoping to use the pad/pads set up on our drummers kit. But what equipment do i need to store and play back, the triggered, samples?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks! :kickass:

The Alesis DM Pro is a drum module that let you load your own samples, discontinued though. Roland SPD-S also lets you do it but it already has the pads built in so you don't need external ones, even though it does accept a trigger input. Expensive though.

Roland Spds looks good but could i also do it with something like the Alesis control Pad @ ~£100 and my existing lap top? My lap doesnt have a midi connection though...would one of those MIDI-USB boxes work?

thanks

i know - so could plug it straight into the laptop without a midi interface right?what software would i need to hold the samples for triggering and assigning to the pads?
cheers -sorry dumb ass questions!

right..i digging this up again because i am still looking for an answer.
I fgured i could buy an Alesis io trigger module and connect it to my lap top via USB. To the Alesis module i could connect a couple of electronic pads i have already. I have two questions still though:
- what is the easiest software to run on the lap top to organise and playback samples via the pad/alesis remote triggering?
- Can i call up different banks of samples (ie. one bank per song) from the Alesis or do i have to use the laptop&software?

Please help me with this guys!!!
thanks

even if i just want to trigger live samples?? does apatrigga trigger .wavs?
...and why use mics??