Load Box and Profire 2626 Help.

Donovan S.

Jul 6, 2010
Oklahoma, US
I have a DIY load box that another forum member made for me. I cannot seem to make this work with the Profire 2626. Signal chain is as follows:

Guitar - 6505 - speaker out of 6505 into speaker in of load box - Line out from load box to back of profire 2626. I am using a trs cable into a combo jack (XLR or TRS) on the back of the 2626. The signal is always audible even with the master volume turned to 0.

When I try re-amping with this method I get tons of feedback and very high pitched squealing through my monitors even with the master volume turned to 0.

I have read the manual and searched all over Google. Can anybody here offer any help? It would be much appreciated.

Only thing I can think of is the routing is not correct in either the 2626's mixer software or in your DAW :(

I've used that same setup, but with a normal guitarcable between the line-out of the load and one of the line-in ports on the back of the profire. XLR connection goes over the microphone preamps, while a normal line input bypasses it. Try that :)

This is without the DAW even open. Analog out 5/6 goes to monitors, if that helps.

2626%20Settings.png

The way I have my 2626 mixer setup is this:

Screen%20shot%202011-11-22%20at%203.10.38%20PM.png

My monitors are hooked up to output 7/8.

When I do reamping I have it going out of output 6 on the back of the 2626, with a Mono out bus in Cubase set to output 6.

In Cubase my 2bus is set to output 1/2 (which goes to "Mixer Out" in 2626's software).

Okay. I am going to try that. Thanks for the screen! So with this set up, you can mute the channels in the mixer to avoid the 2626's input monitoring, correct?

Yeah, exactly. I do it so that anything coming into the 2626, or out of Cubase, can go to monitors and headphones.

Are you also monitoring in your DAW? Which one do you use btw (was it Reaper?)?

If i get this correct, 6505 speaker out ---> Loadbox ----> Loadbox line out ----> Profire 2626. Cant you set the loadbox to a total mute? So its just a dummy load sorta. And then connect the line-out from your 6505 to your profire?

If i get this correct, 6505 speaker out ---> Loadbox ----> Loadbox line out ----> Profire 2626. Cant you set the loadbox to a total mute? So its just a dummy load sorta. And then connect the line-out from your 6505 to your profire?

Well, I want the power amp of the 6505 to affect the tone. If I were to use the effects send, then I would only be getting the preamp.

Somewhere along the line you're sending the recorded signal from your amp back through the reamping chain.

What output are you using for reamping?

Yeah, this has got to be why I was getting so much feedback. I figured that out, but I still can't get the Profire to stop Input Monitoring. Without any DAW open at all, and the profire master volume on 0, I can hear the output of the load box. It's the very fizzy tone you get without cab simulation. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it. I have changed every setting I can think of, so I think it's time for a new interface in the near future.

Something has to be set/routed wrong, I have done this before with a Countryman and a dummy load (into my 2626) and not had this issue. Though, obviously, using the Countryman is a little different... Have you tried using the front input also (on ch 1 and 2, instrument input)? I don't see how you can hear it if the input is muted in the software :loco:

Altough I don't think it's related to the feedback problem; do you mean you can still softly hear the output of the loadbox through your speakers eventough all volumes are on 0/muted? In that case, try plugging the speakers in a different power outlet than the amp. I've had that issue when I had both connected to a single outlet. I dug through the profire routing panels for weeks, it drove me completely crazy. Then I switched the speakers to an isolated outlet, and everything was dead quiet. Can't believe I didn't try that earlier...

Altough I don't think it's related to the feedback problem; do you mean you can still softly hear the output of the loadbox through your speakers eventough all volumes are on 0/muted? In that case, try plugging the speakers in a different power outlet than the amp. I've had that issue when I had both connected to a single outlet. I dug through the profire routing panels for weeks, it drove me completely crazy. Then I switched the speakers to an isolated outlet, and everything was dead quiet. Can't believe I didn't try that earlier...

Hmmmmm. I will have to give that a try. Thanks for the help!!

Ok, so I tried using a seperate power outlet, same problem. I also tried using the instrument ins on the front of the Profire, same problem. The problem persists even if the instrument input is set to "mic" instead of "instrument". I am going to just try to use the load box as a dummy load and use the preamp out of the head. Fuck it........

Sorry to hear that man, I'm lost as to where else to look as well :( Still wish you good luck with the other method though. Heard some great tones on this forum from that, so I'm sure you'll still get something nice out of it!